First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport S max type tow
Occupation
Medical
Hey guys, does anyone know what the LED light underneath the power window switches in the back seat of the sport S is for? Does anyone know if it's a bad idea to tap the 12 volt off it for a USB charging port?

Thanks,

Jeff

10021790-6E35-4E6E-B6D4-10A1CAC27985.jpeg

0A3D7BA2-58A8-4620-A2DA-6930C690B493.jpeg

10B9EBC5-FE26-4121-877A-8A8986F795DE.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

jwassdo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Ok so it's been pointed out to me that the light is simply to illuminate the cup holders. I can't believe I didn't realize that. But I still would love to know if anyone out there knows what size fuze that circuit runs off of or if there is any reason why I couldn't tap into that line. It has its own harness. I would go above the harness.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Most or all of the lighting in modern vehicles is controlled by PWM circuits, not raw, pure, 12v power. You must not mess with those circuits, and the things you power with it can be destroyed. It would be very unlikely for this one LED to have real, normal 12v to it. A meter might give you some answers.

OP
OP

jwassdo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Most or all of the lighting in modern vehicles is controlled by PWM circuits, not raw, pure, 12v power. You must not mess with those circuits, and the things you power with it can be destroyed. It would be very unlikely for this one LED to have real, normal 12v to it. A meter might give you some answers.

I’m actually very glad to hear you say that. Because I slept on it and decided it wasn’t worth the risk. I ran the wires all the way through the firewall and into the fuse box. The long way is usually the safest way. So that’s what I did. I do appreciate your input.
Sponsored