www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
My dealer cant get any current Ambient light knobs to work on the lot. Its not just mine but every Gladiator. Night or day, the left knob next to the headlight switch is inop. It may be a bigger problem than just our lot. Anyone else have this issue? I checked every fuse under the hood with no bueno. I have two footwell lights and only one turns on, I pulled the harness and there is wiring for two circuits. One is not working and I have a feeling its connected to this knob. The door lights around the handles are very dim and can only be seen when looking under the handle. I have a feeling there is harness that didnt get connected or that there is a bad batch of circuits for this switch.
Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I haven't used these much but if I remember correctly, doesn't the right-hand knob control ambient like (such as in the footwells), and the left one controls the dash/instrument lighting? On my rig, I'm 100% certain whichever knob controls footwell lighting does both sides at the same time.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Mine does not control anything either. There is another thread that says it controls the lights under the door handle, but I don't see the know controlling anyting when I move it.

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
Mine does not control anything either. There is another thread that says it controls the lights under the door handle, but I don't see the know controlling anyting when I move it.
I think there will be more people posting here as the year goes on. If any pay attention to it, you will find its not functional for a number of people. I have only owned my Gladiator for 4 days but in that time I have found the entire Jeep dealer lot with this problem and many posts on here in the past have had the same issue.

Look at your driver and passenger footwell lights, there are two LEDs on each footwell, a total of 4 foot well lights. Only the ones light up with the dome. THe other two that are in tandem with the harness do not turn on. There is a problem with this ambient light switch and its system. I am going to dig into my new Gladiator soon to check the harness behind the dash. Its just a pain to get it off.

cleanerguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
My dealer cant get any current Ambient light knobs to work on the lot. Its not just mine but every Gladiator. Night or day, the left knob next to the headlight switch is inop. It may be a bigger problem than just our lot. Anyone else have this issue? I checked every fuse under the hood with no bueno. I have two footwell lights and only one turns on, I pulled the harness and there is wiring for two circuits. One is not working and I have a feeling its connected to this knob. The door lights around the handles are very dim and can only be seen when looking under the handle. I have a feeling there is harness that didnt get connected or that there is a bad batch of circuits for this switch.
2020 Gladiator. Here is how mine works. With the headlights turned on, or in auto mode and the vehicle in a very dark location, like inside a garage or outside at night. There are two led's. One in the drivers footwell and one in the passengers footwell. Those are the only two, same as the JL i owned. The one dial does the dash lights from off to blinding at night the other knob controls those two little crappy Led's that you can only see when it's really dark. I'd bet you a dollar that they both work. You need to be in the truck, doors closed, and have it really dark, with the headlights on. Let me know, and I'll send my address for payment,

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
2020 Gladiator. Here is how mine works. With the headlights turned on, or in auto mode and the vehicle in a very dark location, like inside a garage or outside at night. There are two led's. One in the drivers footwell and one in the passengers footwell. Those are the only two, same as the JL i owned. The one dial does the dash lights from off to blinding at night the other knob controls those two little crappy Led's that you can only see when it's really dark. I'd bet you a dollar that they both work. You need to be in the truck, doors closed, and have it really dark, with the headlights on. Let me know, and I'll send my address for payment,
I went out last night, and it didnt work. Yinzers never change; wrong but confident. LOL I am from Pittsburgh my self. Thanks for the help. We now know what to look for if it ever does work.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
I pulled the panel off at lunch, its apparent the knob is plugged in. The light is tandem in the second picture. One is on with the dome light. One is off. Wiring shows two circuits and a ground wire. We have something not working. I also pulled all my light and interior fuses as well as checked for missing fuses. This leaves me to think there is a wiring or can bus problem.

20200311_115558.jpg

20200311_121523.jpg

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
From your profile pic it looks like you have a Sport or Sport S... I have a Sport S and the way mine works is this...

I have courtesy foot well lights(only come on with open doors or dome light)
I DO NOT have ambient foot well lighting, I have a non dimable cupholder light(on with headlights)... And then I have AMBIENT lights ONLY in the door handles... Now these things are so uselessly dim that I can only see them in pitch black(no street lights or anything) with a piece of tin foil stuck in there to reflect... (I did this too see if I had them when I was trying to figure the same stupid knob)... With the foil in there, if I turn the dial there is a barely perceptible dimming

So MAYBE yours is the same... I'm not sure what packages are supposed to have the full burnt lighting options but it seems very inconsistent between people.

Seansmd

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiaator Rubicon 2020, 2018 Audi SQ5, 1967 Camaro RS/SS
Occupation
Tech
I tested mine last night worked, both front for wells dimmed with rotation of the knob.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I tested mine last night worked, both front for wells dimmed with rotation of the knob.
Thank you for the help. Its midnight here in guam and my lights do NOT come on or dim.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Maybe we can get some traction on this @JeepCares , I discovered the problem. There are two 12 v wires and a negative ground. The ambient knob controls the circuit on one light and the other is your dome light/footwell light. When these parts were made, they failed to solder in the second led and not catch the cost cutying measure by their vendor or maybe a duality assurance fail. I am having the dealer address this by ordering two new footwell lights. Both part numbers are as listed. Everyone needs to address this or there will not be a tsb for it.

68297172AB
68346812AB

20200408_211611.jpg

IMG_20200408_213548.jpg

cleanerguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
Maybe we can get some traction on this @JeepCares , I discovered the problem. There are two 12 v wires and a negative ground. The ambient knob controls the circuit on one light and the other is your dome light/footwell light. When these parts were made, they failed to solder in the second led and not catch the cost cutying measure by their vendor or maybe a duality assurance fail. I am having the dealer address this by ordering two new footwell lights. Both part numbers are as listed. Everyone needs to address this or there will not be a tsb for it.

68297172AB
68346812AB

20200408_211611.jpg

IMG_20200408_213548.jpg
Glad you finally figured this out.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I'm pretty sure, it's not that they "failed" to add the second LED.... But that its part of the higher feature group that most don't have ...that's why the cup holder doesn't dim as well

Good call on the part numbers tho for those that want to add them...

Did you check to see if the second circuits voltage drops with the dimmer?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I have the highest pkg you can get for these interior lights. I have the convenience grp pkg 24s and the remote start, etc. They missed it plain and simple. Yes, oh my word, I checked every knob. *Slaps forehead. My ambient knob dims my door handles but not the footwell.

Those part numbers i listed are the single led lights. The bad ones. If someone has working ones please post up part numbers to see if they match.
Sponsored

Last edited: