First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2018 F250 Super Duty
Occupation
IT Support
I bet they are going to work if you have the dimmer switch. I think from what I have read there were a ton of vehicles installed with defective modules.

Either way it was incredibly stupid for MOPAR to install and ambient dimmer on these vehicles if it was not a supported feature. And then to compound the problem by not educating the dealer community on how to fix with $30 bucks in new parts.

One other item I forgot to mention, when I first replaced the lights they still were not working because I had the instrument dimmer (to the right of the ambient dimmer) cranked up to the max position. Took a bit to figure it out
Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
So here is the deal, Jeep doesn’t want us lowly Sport and Sport S to enjoy the luxuries of interior ambient lighting…

Sport and Sport S guys get dimming handle LEDs, that’s it. If you have 3 wires going into your footwell lights , then buying the LED module with 2 LED activates your footwell ambient lights.

I started with a 2020 Gladiator Sport S with tech and convince group, 7” radio and alpine, it was a manual and I had 2 wires.

I just picked up my 2021 Gladiator EcoDoesel 80th anniversary (It’s a sport S) with tech, convenience, 8.4 radio, alpine, LED, tow package, cold weather package, bed rail Package, proximity locks and safety package, basically everything except active cruise control. And this one has the 3 wire but only 1 led inside the module. I’ll put a pair of 68295365AB As referenced above.

My guess is because of the alpine and 8.4 radio, that the third wire shows up. Too much effort to remove that wire for a limited option… just a guess, perhaps another option gets that third wire, I dunno.

long story short, no sport or sport S will get the ambient foot well light, just the full brightness one that comes on with the dome. If you have that third wire, get the module and enjoy life like an overland owner, haha

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
thanks for the link! I grabbed two. Ill have a look and if im not set up for them ill sell them to someone on here who is.
Did these new footwell lamps work for you?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Did these new footwell lamps work for you?
I got them but they’ve been sitting in my to do pile. Which unfortunately keeps growing as I can never seem to find a time to get around to it

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
My New 2021 80th ED had the 3 wires, snapped in the new ones and VIOLA upgraded to an overland, lol... they work as intended; bright with the doors open and dim at night and adjustable with the knob.
Sponsored