Lemon Law

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Can anyone explain the Lemon Law process? I definitely meet the criteria for my state. My Gladiator Mojave has been at dealership since March 5th waiting on a new transmission. Jeep has 1100 miles on it. The date has been pushed back 3 times on me at this point. I feel like the date will just keep getting pushed back. I was informed they think the part will be in on April 19th now. I highly doubt this actually happens. Would yall let the vehicle sit at the dealership 60 days or maybe much more?
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Every state is different so we would need to know what state you are in

OP
OP

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Jeep was purchased in Franklin TN.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
My parents wound up using the Lemon Law here in Texas several years ago on a Grand Cherokee they had issues with. In their case it was sent to an arbitrator who then reviewed the case and ruled in favor of a full buy back by the dealer. Make sure to have everything documented as the "they told me on the phone" documentation does not hold up. Also be prepared for it to draw out, once my folks went into arbitration it took about 3 months for a resolution.

Sponsored

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
My 2016 Tacoma was having all kinds of transmission issues during its first year. In Ohio, that was a key element of the Ohio lemon law. I hired an Ohio Lemon Law Lawyer and Toyota bought my truck back.

But I researched the Ohio law, and started plugging my situation into to a strong case. I knew, in Ohio, if the
Vehicle was at the dealer for a total of 30 days - I had a case.

(There are other elements that I also ended up meeting, but the 30 count was very cut and dry.)

I documented everything, and when taking the car into the dealer I was very specific what the service advisor wrote on my work order.

Look up your state law and do your homework. If you think you have a case get the Lawyer. A lemon law Lawyer.

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
Look up your state law and do your homework. If you think you have a case get the Lawyer. A lemon law Lawyer.
Pretty much this and only this. Others can share experiences that might be helpful, but it's a legal issue involving a lot of money, so you should get a proper attorney.

Olgrey1

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Took delivery of my JT last week from dealer in Georgia. Among the 30+ pages of purchase documents there was a FCA booklet on Lemon Law Rights and the attached Georgia Statement of Rights. So look back into your point of sale documents and you should see something similar for TN. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Lawyer-Up!

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
This stuff drives me nuts. Jeep is building these things which means they have transmissions. They should take care of customers. Push a dealer stock order back and get the trans.
Sponsored