Sponsored

Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to think it, but here goes another one unless I caught it in time. Poor Tuvak came to us Sunday AM wobbly and with his hind end dropping now and then like he was stumbling.
Stupid unobservant me should have realized his weight loss was NOT all due to old age, and his constant vocalization and eating up a storm, and wandering around our chairs each evening - how could I have missed it ......... again! Yawnie at age 16 had so many problems we weren't able to save him. I hope history isn't repeating itself.
Took Tuvak to the vet today (took several calls to several vets to even find one that could work him in) and they are sending out blood work but appears to be a case of hyper-thyroidism.
Crazy apatite, weight loss, especially in the back half, wandering, loss of muscle control in hind legs and the vet says "heart murmur" (which fits with the rest)
Poor guy has trouble jumping up onto our bed and when he does, the uneven surface makes it hard for him to walk. The others trot across anything like it's solid and flat.
Can't even stand the thought of this guy being gone at age 13. He's such a baby, more puppy and human than cat.
He used to jump onto my lap and climb up to my chest and put his face against mine to rub noses, then lay with his head on my neck while I sat in the evening.

Hoping we can get things under control and I wasn't too late in recognizing something wasn't right.

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! PXL_20240206_030544965

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! 1710818527348-zk

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! PXL_20230407_133500013

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Got her out in the rain the other day, our other golden won’t walk out of his crate when there’s any slight chance of rain.

IMG_8175.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: