Sponsored

Let Us Hear That You Want Core Doors!

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
@Bestop and make them use the OEM handles so I can build in the keyless door unlock feature in to it!
Sponsored

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Make sure they are compatible with the upcoming OEM half door uppers too!

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
@Bestop and make them use the OEM handles so I can build in the keyless door unlock feature in to it!
That would be super cool and convenient but I doubt they’d do the for manufacturing purposes. They already have the handles sourced and would possibly be using the same removable panels.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
@Bestop how did the survey go? Any plans for a 2021 release?

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
I would buy a soft door like the old school CJ doors. something you could easily transport in the back of the truck and just throw on real quick at night. I definitely would not spend $2000+ on aluminum doors. I don't get taking off the factory doors to just put on a different door.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I would buy a soft door like the old school CJ doors. something you could easily transport in the back of the truck and just throw on real quick at night. I definitely would not spend $2000+ on aluminum doors. I don't get taking off the factory doors to just put on a different door.
The draw of these is that they are a half door, but also kind of a tube door in one. They have a pop out pannel to get the extra air flow. makes it a lot easier to have the part with me to put my doors back on in rain, vs the PIA factory doors. The factory half doors follow the body line so they just don't open up the side enough to really make them worth it unless your state has some strange laws.

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
The draw of these is that they are a half door, but also kind of a tube door in one. They have a pop out pannel to get the extra air flow. makes it a lot easier to have the part with me to put my doors back on in rain, vs the PIA factory doors. The factory half doors follow the body line so they just don't open up the side enough to really make them worth it unless your state has some strange laws.
I understand their functions just not practicality. Most Jeep owners are not off road enthusiasts. Most Jeep owners bought for the looks. Then you got the freedom of no doors or top owners. Personal I want the doors off every available day. To me these are Instagram doors. Just my 2 cents. Like I said in my original post. Give me a old school CJ5 door. All I want from April to September is a quick on off door to protect from rain.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
👆 This guy gets it.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Related but not Core doors....I just bought a set of element doors from @Bestop on sale. All 4 doors cost me $381 shipped with PA (6%) tax. Pretty good deal. I had these on my JKU and they were tough and functioned well. Saved my factory doors when I off-roaders. Not seeing lower enclosures and the uppers are very pricey (over $1,000 for a set of Twill). https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2019/wr...ocj3HJvI2DKnE_VxbgPKgVpt8IzC3v3xoCdnUQAvD_BwE

Jeep Gladiator Let Us Hear That You Want Core Doors! CAC3E0F2-55D8-48A1-A89A-CAD420E3A887
That is actually a reasonable price for tube doors.

@Bestop Are core doors happening? If not are lower enclosures for these a thing yet, I remember them being announced last year.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Bestop. How about half soft doors like I had on my old Flat fender? Remember those? That would be so cool and I would be in for sure!!!
These already exist

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I looked at the bestop full fabric doors many times and tried to talk myself into buying them. I couldn’t pull the trigger after talking to couple of people who bought them and reading reviews. I want something to provide weather protection and when I’m not using them I can store them in the bed of the truck and go with out doors. I would be willing to pay around $1000.00 for upper and lower door front doors.
I pulled the trigger on the soft doors for the same reason of stowability. Going on a two month cross country and want to be able to remove the doors. The Core doors are still bulky and way too big to remove and stow in the bed with camping gear. I have seen bad reviews and good reviews on the soft doors...luckily got my rears on Amazon as returns that ended up in perfect condition for $250.

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JKU, 2006 TJ, 2021 Bronco BL
I may be in the minority, but to me a true half door, Like the Core doors or Mopar doors have always been my preference, and I don't ever remove the lower half when I have them installed.

I've had the full soft doors on JKUs, and yeah, just remove the whole thing when I don't want the uppers, cause it's easier then separating and putting the two halves back together, also twice as many pieces to manage.

I've had Bestop Element doors (with metal enclosures) on a JKU, While I liked them better than the full soft doors, they still have that relatively flimsy upper that pulls out and let's rain in at 65+

By far the best I had on a JK (or TJ) was Mopar half doors, they seal up better in weather, and since I only ever take the uppers off (Visibility really isn't much better with a tube door or no door than with a half lower), and Uppers only are easy to take with you.

Now that Mopar is making half doors for the JL, if they'll fit the JT, this would be the only thing I'd consider besides Core Doors, which will probably have a pretty big cost advantage over the Mopars, even at the projected cost.

Either way, I'm waiting to see how both look and shakeout in the market place before I make a decision.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I may be in the minority, but to me a true half door, Like the Core doors or Mopar doors have always been my preference, and I don't ever remove the lower half when I have them installed.

I've had the full soft doors on JKUs, and yeah, just remove the whole thing when I don't want the uppers, cause it's easier then separating and putting the two halves back together, also twice as many pieces to manage.

I've had Bestop Element doors (with metal enclosures) on a JKU, While I liked them better than the full soft doors, they still have that relatively flimsy upper that pulls out and let's rain in at 65+

By far the best I had on a JK (or TJ) was Mopar half doors, they seal up better in weather, and since I only ever take the uppers off (Visibility really isn't much better with a tube door or no door than with a half lower), and Uppers only are easy to take with you.

Now that Mopar is making half doors for the JL, if they'll fit the JT, this would be the only thing I'd consider besides Core Doors, which will probably have a pretty big cost advantage over the Mopars, even at the projected cost.

Either way, I'm waiting to see how both look and shakeout in the market place before I make a decision.
The high speed thing and lack of a spot on the jeep to mount a mirror has kept me from the soft ones. Once you bold a mirror on they now become kind of hard to store again defeating part of the reason for getting them.

The Mopar ones lost me when I realized how high the body line is on the JL. you just don't gain much when you look back on how much airflow the older Jeep ones had. What I really like about the core doors is the pop out panel.
Sponsored