Let Us Hear That You Want Core Doors!

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JKU, 2006 TJ, 2021 Bronco BL
The Mopar ones lost me when I realized how high the body line is on the JL.
Hmm, hadn't even noticed that until you mentioned it, yes, they do look they'll be much higher, to me the whole reason for a half door is Being able to view the front and rear tire, and the rocker panel while barely even leaning out of the vehicle. I'm going to have to actually sit in a JL/JT with half doors to get an idea of how I feel about them now :(
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Hmm, hadn't even noticed that until you mentioned it, yes, they do look they'll be much higher, to me the whole reason for a half door is Being able to view the front and rear tire, and the rocker panel while barely even leaning out of the vehicle. I'm going to have to actually sit in a JL/JT with half doors to get an idea of how I feel about them now :(
Yep I feel like they really missed the mark on those things, and the one order sheet showed them as an additional option and not a replacement even. Not sure where you will even find them on display based on that. especially with how high the mirror is. I get what they did for looks, but I would call them 2/3 or 3/4 doors and not halfs.

Really hoping Bestop comes through for me on this one.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security

Sponsored

RSSNASCAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Bestop,
These are very popular and knowing the core doors are so much in demand, I can't understand the excuses. With Gladiators and Wrangler JLs selling at such record numbers even during COVID, what more do you all need?

Please design and make the Core Doors available finally. I think we all have been patient enough!

BonesDT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Bestop told me on 2 different occasions on their Instagram account that they have no plans to make these Core Doors for the JL/JT. This really bothers me. I bought the Bestop fabric doors for the JL/JT and they were identical doors to the JK, except the front doors come with plastic spacers that you install on the latches to fit the JL/JT door loop and the rears are 100% identical but you simply swap the left and right latches for the JL/JT. THAT'S IT! So it makes me wonder so hard why they can't easily modify the JK Core Doors for the JL/JT.

I'm seriously contemplating buying the JK Core Doors and trying to make them work for my JT. Has anyone tried yet.

And yes, these are ideal doors. I don't understand why tube doors are so popular. You can drive a few feet from your house but whatcha gonna do when it starts to rain? I like to daily drive to work every day with no doors/tube'ish doors. I've always used fabric doors because i can stack the doors and windows in the trunk or bed when it rains. It blows my mind that no one has ever made tube doors with rain covers and a fabric window top. Core Doors are essentially that.

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bestop told me on 2 different occasions on their Instagram account that they have no plans to make these Core Doors for the JL/JT. This really bothers me. I bought the Bestop fabric doors for the JL/JT and they were identical doors to the JK, except the front doors come with plastic spacers that you install on the latches to fit the JL/JT door loop and the rears are 100% identical but you simply swap the left and right latches for the JL/JT. THAT'S IT! So it makes me wonder so hard why they can't easily modify the JK Core Doors for the JL/JT.

I'm seriously contemplating buying the JK Core Doors and trying to make them work for my JT. Has anyone tried yet.

And yes, these are ideal doors. I don't understand why tube doors are so popular. You can drive a few feet from your house but whatcha gonna do when it starts to rain? I like to daily drive to work every day with no doors/tube'ish doors. I've always used fabric doors because i can stack the doors and windows in the trunk or bed when it rains. It blows my mind that no one has ever made tube doors with rain covers and a fabric window top. Core Doors are essentially that.
I've got Core Doors on my 2 Door JK, I can try and check the fit of those, but only the fronts, obviously... I really don't expect they'll even be close to a fit though. I doubt I'll get to try it this weekend.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
So it makes me wonder so hard why they can't easily modify the JK Core Doors for the JL/JT.
Because the doors are cast aluminum, meaning they come from a mold. Actually 4 different, very expensive, molds.

We also have a very high standard when it comes to our products so the thought of simply "making it work" so-to-speak isn't up to our standards. We would aim for a precision fit as we did with the JK - not an adapted afterthought.

I understand there's a lot of frustration around this topic but I hope you can understand and respect that this is a big decision for Bestop and we will move forward when the time is right for us to do so.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored