Sponsored

Let Us Hear That You Want Core Doors!

BonesDT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Because the doors are cast aluminum, meaning they come from a mold. Actually 4 different, very expensive, molds.

We also have a very high standard when it comes to our products so the thought of simply "making it work" so-to-speak isn't up to our standards. We would aim for a precision fit as we did with the JK - not an adapted afterthought.

I understand there's a lot of frustration around this topic but I hope you can understand and respect that this is a big decision for Bestop and we will move forward when the time is right for us to do so.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks for the reply. I did not intend to criticize Bestop. Obviously you have a business to run and make profitable. Was just venting out loud regarding my own personal agenda. In fact, it's a compliment that I'm so frustrated I can't get one of your products. Haha.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Because the doors are cast aluminum, meaning they come from a mold. Actually 4 different, very expensive, molds.

We also have a very high standard when it comes to our products so the thought of simply "making it work" so-to-speak isn't up to our standards. We would aim for a precision fit as we did with the JK - not an adapted afterthought.

I understand there's a lot of frustration around this topic but I hope you can understand and respect that this is a big decision for Bestop and we will move forward when the time is right for us to do so.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thank you for the response here and it is good to hear you only want to put out a quality product. I think this survey got us all very excited since it has been a little back and forth if these were coming. Can we safely assume at this point this means that they are back to the status of not happening, at least ont 2021 or 2022? I say this because I am strongly considering the element doors when the enclosures come out (hopefully soon). If the enclosure is high enough quality (same performance as my softop for noise, flapping, etc) this could accomplish what I am looking for out of core doors.

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
This is BS, tease us, just to continue to let us down. I’m sure they’ll just introduce yet another version of the JL soft top with minimal improvements again, yeah, that’s better then actually giving JL/JT owners something they’d actually be excited about. I’m over it. Gonna get Oem half doors, either this summer or next.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
This is BS, tease us, just to continue to let us down. I’m sure they’ll just introduce yet another version of the JL soft top with minimal improvements again, yeah, that’s better then actually giving JL/JT owners something they’d actually be excited about. I’m over it. Gonna get Oem half doors, either this summer or next.
those oem half doors do look rather nice

Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Is there a time frame for their release yet?

I am a motivated buyer and your company is going to lose a couple thousand dollars soon.

alternatives are on the market with the OEM option and JC available also.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Even if they ever do come out with these I think they would most likely be way to costly.

I mean .....Element doors with covers and uppers for a JT come out to ~$2300.00....from what I have seen do not fit very well.

I would like to have some sort of half door solution but considering what they are they are in my opinion way overpriced. Not just Bestop....all of them.

I bought a Sunrider for Hardtop...and while I love it....in retrospect...it was WAY too expensive for what it is. I think it is safe to say I am done with Bestop products.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Even if they ever do come out with these I think they would most likely be way to costly.

I mean .....Element doors with covers and uppers for a JT come out to ~$2300.00....from what I have seen do not fit very well.

I would like to have some sort of half door solution but considering what they are they are in my opinion way overpriced. Not just Bestop....all of them.

I bought a Sunrider for Hardtop...and while I love it....in retrospect...it was WAY too expensive for what it is. I think it is safe to say I am done with Bestop products.
https://www.morris4x4center.com/bes...MI2sjoqsmf8QIVB7KGCh2u-A__EAQYBiABEgK3bfD_BwE

2400 on the JK. That's about half what the OEM half doors are and honestly I think these look cooler. Still a little pricey at that level but if they can hit the $2000 mark I'm in.

BonesDT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I've had the Element doors and the fabric doors for my old JK. They both fit horribly (i.e. it's not water tight), but I guess that just comes with the territory. I don't doubt that Bestop still fits better than another company. I ended up returning the Element doors in favor of the fabric doors because they are lighter and thinner to store in the trunk of my JKU. I basically drove doorless unless it rained. I was hoping I could develop a quick-release system to remove the Element sheet metal cover, but you definitely cannot, it is bolted into the frame especially integrated with the door handle/latch.

I don't understand the purpose of the Mopar half doors. So you can remove the top half. Big whoop. It's basically a full door, with a slightly wider opening when you open the window. Is it really worth the cost and having an extra set of fat metal 4-doors that you have to store in the winter (or store your full doors during the summer)? Plus, you cant store the Mopar half doors in the Wrangler trunk (or Glad bed).

I still don't understand why no company has developed a solution for some sort of low profile doors that can easily be stored in the trunk, but can also be water sealed when it rains. The only solution is the Bestop fabric doors, but I'm sick of that look. That's why I want these core doors so badly. If you take the panel out, they closely resemble tube doors and then if it's going to rain mid-drive, you can grab the uppers from the trunk and the door inserts and slap them on.

As far as price goes, yes, ALL doors for the Jeeps are mind-blowingly expensive (especially if you have 4-doors and you want uppers too and you want premium fabric!) I think this is regardless of Mopar, Bestop, or another company. Bestop might be more expensive than other companies, but I'm sure it's worth it. When I told people how much a full set of 4-door upper and lower premium fabric doors cost, their brain explodes. And that's after they comment how cheap it looks for a car to have "fabric" doors flapping in the wind (mind you, these are non-Jeep people). It's a Jeep thing - others won't understand.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've had the Element doors and the fabric doors for my old JK. They both fit horribly (i.e. it's not water tight), but I guess that just comes with the territory. I don't doubt that Bestop still fits better than another company. I ended up returning the Element doors in favor of the fabric doors because they are lighter and thinner to store in the trunk of my JKU. I basically drove doorless unless it rained. I was hoping I could develop a quick-release system to remove the Element sheet metal cover, but you definitely cannot, it is bolted into the frame especially integrated with the door handle/latch.

I don't understand the purpose of the Mopar half doors. So you can remove the top half. Big whoop. It's basically a full door, with a slightly wider opening when you open the window. Is it really worth the cost and having an extra set of fat metal 4-doors that you have to store in the winter (or store your full doors during the summer)? Plus, you cant store the Mopar half doors in the Wrangler trunk (or Glad bed).

I still don't understand why no company has developed a solution for some sort of low profile doors that can easily be stored in the trunk, but can also be water sealed when it rains. The only solution is the Bestop fabric doors, but I'm sick of that look. That's why I want these core doors so badly. If you take the panel out, they closely resemble tube doors and then if it's going to rain mid-drive, you can grab the uppers from the trunk and the door inserts and slap them on.

As far as price goes, yes, ALL doors for the Jeeps are mind-blowingly expensive (especially if you have 4-doors and you want uppers too and you want premium fabric!) I think this is regardless of Mopar, Bestop, or another company. Bestop might be more expensive than other companies, but I'm sure it's worth it. When I told people how much a full set of 4-door upper and lower premium fabric doors cost, their brain explodes. And that's after they comment how cheap it looks for a car to have "fabric" doors flapping in the wind (mind you, these are non-Jeep people). It's a Jeep thing - others won't understand.
After seeing the pics of the Jl/JT half doors...i had the same thought...what is the point...they don't seem any different than regular doors with windows rolled down. And to me something looks off for the rear doors and how they line up.

Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
After seeing the pics of the Jl/JT half doors...i had the same thought...what is the point...they don't seem any different than regular doors with windows rolled down. And to me something looks off for the rear doors and how they line up.
the half doors are MUCH more open feeling than full with windows down. The half way point is lower than the down window point. It may not seem like it, but not having the window frame significantly enhances the open feeling.

The main problem is OEM doors cost too much for an "open feeling" when I can just take the doors off for much cheaper.

The core doors allow for just taking off panels that I could throw in the bed or just the window uppers....very versatile.

They (core and OEM) are also much lighter and easier to deal with when taking on /off.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

What confuses me the most about the factory half doors is they expect you to pay 4300 additionally to buy them. No option to only get them. Would I get them as my only doors if that was a factory option, hell ya, but that much for the marginal improvments? I just don't get it. I had a trip with my camper this last weekend and realized how bad I need something like core doors. Took the jeep on forrest roads, but honestly with the doors on (kind of needed them to tow the trailer) it got boring fast. Me and the kids just don't like the JT with the doors on, it just kept us from having any fun.

tcramer11

First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Cayenne

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Hi Lee- I bought your bikini top and love it. I just canceled my Rugged Ridge bar doors that I had on order as I really like the Core doors. Question- can you give us more insight into the availability timelines? Is this 3 years out or might their be a break through deliver in 22 for these?

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
This is an assumption....im betting jeep told them not to release the core doors yet so as not to mess with the mopar half door release.
Bestop wont risk upsetiing Jeep since Jeep offers their products as OEM options. Kinda like the sunrider flip top now a factory option....thats gotta be worth more than potential after market core door sales
Sponsored