Let's see those Mojave's and Mods

TexasMojaveGuy

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator
I will kick it off with a couple Mojave upgrades that i am loving so far! Follow me on insta: Texas_Mojave_Guy :fist bump: :beer:

Current Upgrades:
  • Borla Dual Atak Exhaust
  • Fox Steering Stabilizer
  • Grab Handles

On back order:
  • Metal Cloak Steering stabilizer relocation bracket

Near future:
  • Ready Lift 2.5" leveling kit (retains stock suspension)
  • 37" tires
  • Wheels Black Rhino - Armory 17x9.5

Wishful thinking:
  • Downpipe
  • Supercharger
  • Diablo superchip
  • intake
  • bumper/winch

Jeep Gladiator Let's see those Mojave's and Mods Rear.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Let's see those Mojave's and Mods Steerin

Front.JPG
Sponsored

OliverJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Love the look of your Mojave! Do you have a part number for your front skid plate? Looking to upgrade my plastic one. Thanks!

Carrydaily

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 toyota tacoma
Occupation
Forklift technician
Do you notice a difference with the steering stabilizer?
Was going to be my same question also how do you like the exhaust? And heres my mojave for good measure. No mods yet. Working with a fabrication company now on a custom bed cover/rack.
1F09A395-C38F-464E-B693-0F3A4ADD7ABC.jpeg

OP
OP
TexasMojaveGuy

TexasMojaveGuy

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator
@Carrydaily @MSGEngineering Badass man, i haven't taken the doors off yet and that looks great! Yes, on the steering stabilizer @75mph+. Still not fully reconciled, but I can attest it is much better. Definitely worth the $100 mod and easy install. Love the exhaust, I was skeptical on how loud it would be for daily driving. It sounds like an F1 car when you get on it, and has minimal noise in the cabin when you are driving the jeep normal. Highly recommend the exhaust! My only discretion is that the pipes hang out the side, and could potentially be impacted from rock crawling. That's what insurance is for! :CWL:. Post a picture on the custom bed/rack when complete!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasMojaveGuy

TexasMojaveGuy

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator
@OliverJT I have to powerwash underbody this weekend, I will see if I can find a part number, else its factory, so any dealership should be able to provide the SKU.

OliverJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Thats
@OliverJT I have to powerwash underbody this weekend, I will see if I can find a part number, else its factory, so any dealership should be able to provide the SKU.
Thanks so much! Ya I asked a local dealer and they said itā€™s so new itā€™s not in the system.... hard to believe that!

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Already following you!! _whichwayisup_

HermosaBeachBum

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee
I will kick it off with a couple Mojave upgrades that i am loving so far! Follow me on insta: Texas_Mojave_Guy :fist bump: :beer:
  • Fox Steering Stabilizer
On back order:
  • Metal Cloak Steering stabilizer relocation bracket
Is that the Fox IFS or TS stabilizer? I'm trying to choose between the two.

Also, have you researched the relocation brackets to make sure they are compatible with the Mojave? From what it looks like, the TS might not need it? I've seen relocation brackets from Metal Cloak, Synergy and Clayton Off Road...

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasMojaveGuy

TexasMojaveGuy

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator
Is that the Fox IFS or TS stabilizer? I'm trying to choose between the two.

Also, have you researched the relocation brackets to make sure they are compatible with the Mojave? From what it looks like, the TS might not need it? I've seen relocation brackets from Metal Cloak, Synergy and Clayton Off Road...
Itā€™s the TS, and there hasnā€™t been much detail provided on compatibility. The TS sits just like stock and slightly vulnerable to any rock climbing. Metalcloak is relatively an easier install given that it uses prefabbed factory holes. I will end up selling it in the marketplace if it isnā€™t compatible. Havenā€™t received it yet though.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
In the middle of having a blast, blasting over the desert, I confirmed my suspicions about departure angle.

Spent half an hour finding and stacking rocks to get through this wash. I had already started stacking in this picture. After I got a decent pile, I had my wife pull on top of them, then I would move the back ones to the front and continue till I got out without tearing up my hitch.

Jeep Gladiator Let's see those Mojave's and Mods 1831210C-6043-4BB6-A61D-0F2175A89786

That lead me to look for some rear end protection. Picked up a Rubi takeoff bumper and installed it today.

Jeep Gladiator Let's see those Mojave's and Mods BFA9FC75-6B45-42E5-B26E-87257C91FB80

Jeep Gladiator Let's see those Mojave's and Mods D42167FF-6E7A-4112-8F6F-D4F8FAAA1584

Jeep Gladiator Let's see those Mojave's and Mods 3D264A06-47E0-4755-B270-287537D8F270

Jeep Gladiator Let's see those Mojave's and Mods D64D1811-4945-4E45-967A-B5329AAA9E55

I like that the side bits and the steel part of the bumper all tie together to make a solid mass. I also ordered a hitch skid that should protect that and become a good point to drag if needed in the future.

Oh, and for the record, DO NOT DO NOT WHAT I DID IN THE PICTURES.
Install the side brackets first. Get all those bolts in but leave them just loose enough that you can slide the bracket up and down. Then install the bumper and tighten it in place. Then install the side skids. I pushed the side brackets as high as they would go and tightened, then tightened the bumper end to skid tie-in bolts, then the bolts from the side skids to the brackets.

Last edited:

Victory

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU, 2020 Gladiator Mojave
Iā€™m curious as how yā€™all are liking the OEM MT tires, and is there really much difference in sound/ride quality between the ATā€˜s and MTā€˜s? My Mojave should be here in about three weeks, and wasnā€™t able to select ATā€™s when I ordered. Thats what I was planning on going with, and the dealership said theyā€™d be glad to swap the MTā€™s for a set of ATā€™s when my truck comes in if Iā€˜d like. Just wondering if itā€™s even worth it. Iā€™ll be sticking with the stock suspension set-up and 33ā€™s for quite a while. Iā€™m in the Texas Hill Country so I donā€™t see much mud, mostly beat-up ranch roads and limestone. Will I get a lot more life and less noise from the AT? Or negligible? Thanks for any input.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Iā€™m curious as how yā€™all are liking the OEM MT tires, and is there really much difference in sound/ride quality between the ATā€˜s and MTā€˜s? My Mojave should be here in about three weeks, and wasnā€™t able to select ATā€™s when I ordered. Thats what I was planning on going with, and the dealership said theyā€™d be glad to swap the MTā€™s for a set of ATā€™s when my truck comes in if Iā€˜d like. Just wondering if itā€™s even worth it. Iā€™ll be sticking with the stock suspension set-up and 33ā€™s for quite a while. Iā€™m in the Texas Hill Country so I donā€™t see much mud, mostly beat-up ranch roads and limestone. Will I get a lot more life and less noise from the AT? Or negligible? Thanks for any input.
I ended up with the MTs. Wanted the ATs but, like you, wasn't able to order them when I put my order in.

I wish I had the ATs. Dealer didn't have any they were willing to swap. I don't mind them around town but feel like the MTs are pretty damn noisy on the freeway at 70-80.

HermosaBeachBum

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee
Itā€™s the TS, and there hasnā€™t been much detail provided on compatibility. The TS sits just like stock and slightly vulnerable to any rock climbing. Metalcloak is relatively an easier install given that it uses prefabbed factory holes. I will end up selling it in the marketplace if it isnā€™t compatible. Havenā€™t received it yet though.
From MetalCloak:

Thank you for asking In order to move the stabilizer up the truck would need to be lifted with some additional bump stop in order to allow it to clear the frame. If you decide to go that route the JK application with 1 5/8ā€ tie rod works best.
Sponsored