Lets talk about bed covers

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
Well, I ordered the Gator EFX hard cover as well. Came much sooner than expected, but man there is something to be desired with how they package and ship this thing.

gator cover package.jpg

But even thought the box was beat up, I don't think it really explains how the cover ended up with this golf ball sized dent right in the middle panel.

gator cover dent 2.jpg

Thankfully that is only on one side and doesn't show through. So when the cover is closed, you can't tell. But when it's strapped in the open configuration you'll be able to see it.

That being said, my main question is with the drain tubes they provide. Where am I supposed to route them? I see two slits in the liner where the bed meets the bulkhead, but they are really narrow and I would have to get some sort of fitting to put on the tubes.

For now I am using this hole they left uncovered after spraying the bed, next to the tie down. Is that a bad idea? Is it intended to be used as a drainage hole?

If I keep it there I think I need to cut the tubes down a bit. I can't really tell which way the end is oriented and if it's going to hold water.

gladiator drain hole tube.jpg
When I get mine, I plan to run the drain hoses through the oval plastic cap with the small dimple on it, you can see in your picture. Start by drilling a small hole in that dimple and make it bigger until your hose fits nicely. It will properly drain from there and won’t cause any rust or damage to your paint as it‘s just a plastic cover behind your bed liner.
Sponsored

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I bought the Extang Trifecta 2.0 soft cover. I’ve owned 3 full size trucks before the JT and I the Extang was always my favourite.

smccollu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Altitude
Finally ordered a cover after reading everyone's replies and watching reviews. Decided on the TruXedo Sentry Tonneau Cover. I ended up spending more than I really wanted to but I really liked the hard roll up covers and they have latches along the sides to help secure the cover down. Reviews were good and the the price was ok. I will update after install and using it for a bit.
Thanks for all the responses.
I really like the hard rolling cover and am trying to decide between the Truxedo and the Bak Revolver. How are you liking the Truxedo?

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I really like the hard rolling cover and am trying to decide between the Truxedo and the Bak Revolver. How are you liking the Truxedo?
So far so good. It fits good and does a good job of keeping what is in the bed safe. The velcro that runs along the sides is holding strong.
I have had to roll it up and strap it out of the way a couple times and each time it rolls up and back into place without any issues. It does not bounce or pop going down the highway and we had a couple inches of snow here and no sagging from the weight.

Short answer, is I like it and glad I got it.

Sponsored

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
I just installed the Truxedo Lo Pro soft top ($500) . My last Truxedo lasted 15 years so it was a no brainer of what I was going to buy for the Gladiator. Install was pretty straight forward and super simple removal if you have the need. Also, the Customer Service was awesome when I had a a few questions. (thanks Jamie)
I have a truxedo on my current F150. I really like it. Do you have the trail rail? Do you have any pics?

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I think you said that this Tyger model is sold as for the chevy colorado. Is that correct?
On Amazon, both the soft tri-fold model specific to the Chevy Colorado & the Jeep Gladiator are within $20 of each other, don't know if there is an actual size difference. I didn't feel like taking a chance on this so I ordered the one specific to the Jeep. Fits great.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Please send a pic of the bedcover open. Thank you
I'll get one tomorrow. I can only open 2 of the 3 trifolds, but if I need to get the front of the bed, its a short reach. I can tie the cover in the "up" position to the rollbar if I need to carry something large.
Either way, its a 5 min job to remove the whole cover if I need to carry something like an appliance etc

Sponge60

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Putter outer of fire
I ordered a Rugged Ridge roll up tonneau. Will have some pics after install.
Sponsored