Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Here’s a thought... it is random... for a stabilizer Mounts.... on the JK they went from the trackbar bracket on the axle to the middle of the tie rod. When you get a JL/JT, OEM they changed the mounting points to backwards, from the middle of the axle to the end of the tie rod... but if you want to change your tierod this doesn’t work due to the aftermarket, so you have to go back to the JK way of at the trackbar to the middle of the tierod... just weird, but easy to understand... so I think. :headbang:
Sponsored

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
I have the Synergy brace on my JT, will be putting the heavy duty draglink and tierod on when I install my lift. I have their steering products on my JKU and have always been really happy with it.

mcoplan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
I have the Synergy brace on my JT, will be putting the heavy duty draglink and tierod on when I install my lift. I have their steering products on my JKU and have always been really happy with it.
@Harold0819 Did you see some improvements when you added the Synergy brace? Thinking of doing the same now and then upgrading to the Synergy HD Steering kit at the same time when adding my RK lift.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
@Harold0819 Did you see some improvements when you added the Synergy brace? Thinking of doing the same now and then upgrading to the Synergy HD Steering kit at the same time when adding my RK lift.
I honestly cannot say I saw any changes but I must preface that by saying my JT's steering is tight and not loose as some have reported. You don't even know it is there. I installed it because I've had to rebuild the steering box on my JKU because of sector shaft bearing failure and know people who have had issues with tracbar mounts and mounting hole wallowing. To me it is just extra strength to a potentially weak area especially once lifted and larger tires are added.

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
So, I ended up going with the Synergy Front Track Bar Brace and the Steer Smarts Yeti XD tie rod /flipped drag link. All parts are in stock, so I should be good to go with my install when the Steer Smarts stuff gets here. I shopped around and found the best pricing from Jason @ Bad Attitude Offroad who frequents the FB pages. I'll report back my thoughts post install.

Synergy Front Track Bar Brace
Steer Smarts Yeti JT Rubicon Tie Rod
Steer Smart Yeti Top Mount Drag Link
Steer Smarts Yeti Track Bar Bracket
Steer Smarts XD Steering Stabilizer Bracket
Steer Smarts JT Steering Stabilizer

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
That’s what I’ve got on my Gladiator - quite the beast
holy crap $1025 for those? must be super duper sturdy.
So this thing is super strong, but if it does bend its momentary and returns back to form.....wow!

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
So this thing is super strong, but if it does bend its momentary and returns back to form.....wow!
Huh?!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
the info on the link you posted said its made of 7075 aluminum and
QUOTE:
"1.75" diameter solid 7075 aluminum. 7075 is popular in off-road racing due to its "memory." If you hit the tie rod hard enough to make it flex, the bar will return to straight. "

aND IT LOOKS LIKE $1025 TO ME.
Jeep Gladiator Let's talk steering upgrades steering upgrades.... Synergy, Steer Smarts, etc {filename}

What from my post confused you?

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just using "bend" instead of "flex" - sounded like you were saying if it bend it would go back to its original profile

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just using "bend" instead of "flex" - sounded like you were saying if it bend it would go back to its original profile
My bad, flex is more like it. Bend I guess has a permanance to it, lol.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Is anyone running Curry, Metalcloak, Apex, or Fusion? And if I may derail this for a minute. Who if anyone has had their ball joints go bad? If you did who or what brand did you replace them with? Thanks
Sponsored