First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Threaded holes in steel bumper for homemade bracket - two simple machine screws to remove when going off road .

IMG_0255.jpg
I am thinking about that bumper. I have read a few reviews and they are generally good, but a few folks reported issues with the installation and installing the Warn winch. I am a bit confused as to why you would have to trim to fit a Warn winch into a Warn bumper. Did you have any issues?
Sponsored

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about that bumper. I have read a few reviews and they are generally good, but a few folks reported issues with the installation and installing the Warn winch. I am a bit confused as to why you would have to trim to fit a Warn winch into a Warn bumper. Did you have any issues?
Actually this is a Quadratec winch, but it mounts the same as the Warn winch on my TJ. There is a requirement to trim one bracket if using a certain Warn winch and that is covered in the bumper installation manual. It does not appear to be a big deal.

EgulAye

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5, 1987 YJ, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I just recently put the quadratec plate mount on and couldn't be happier with the setup. The clamps are snug and stiff. This won't be coming off unless you mean it.

Jeep Gladiator License plate with winch? 20200715_134414

Imbuere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Sponsored

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
@Armyman247
How you liking your winch and bumper set up?
I’m going with the same on my JT.
Absolutely awesome.. I was weary at first about a stubby bumper as I thought I wanted full length but I really love it. I’ve plowed over 1/2 trees without a scratch.. my only gripe is the winch wiring sits right against the grill, if I did it over again I would have put a few washers between bumper and frame to push it out a little bit but it’s way to heavy now to go back.. doesn’t cause any damage just would like
Some more room

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Absolutely awesome.. I was weary at first about a stubby bumper as I thought I wanted full length but I really love it. I’ve plowed over 1/2 trees without a scratch.. my only gripe is the winch wiring sits right against the grill, if I did it over again I would have put a few washers between bumper and frame to push it out a little bit but it’s way to heavy now to go back.. doesn’t cause any damage just would like
Some more room
Did you get the 12 or 9.5 winch?

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'll pile on. I also went with the Tuffy hawse fairlead bracket. I have the Badlands Apex winch which comes with a very thick hawse fairlead. It's so thick that the standard tuffy bracket can't get out in front of it. To solve this I made a couple of brackets of my own to extend their baseplate.

Down:
Jeep Gladiator License plate with winch? IMG_5392

Up:
Jeep Gladiator License plate with winch? IMG_5394

Custom Brackets:
Jeep Gladiator License plate with winch? IMG_5397_1

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I'll pile on. I also went with the Tuffy hawse fairlead bracket. I have the Badlands Apex winch which comes with a very thick hawse fairlead. It's so thick that the standard tuffy bracket can't get out in front of it. To solve this I made a couple of brackets of my own to extend their baseplate.

Down:

Up:

Custom Brackets:
Thanks for that post! I was convinced I wanted the tuffy bracket until I saw this.

Hutzell

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Design
Had this setup on my TJ. DV8 license plate bracket that swung up and out of the way. A little pricey ~$45, but worth it for the quality. In use in the picture ripping up some fence that laid over and was overgrown with vines

AEAFAF69-E9F7-4553-9F02-7E15835CC82C.jpeg

E59AE024-8121-45BF-94E3-1F2E4B21C98E.png
Sponsored