First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Anyone running four 3" pods for cowl lights? (2 on each side) I personally don't like bumper lights or bulky light fixture for cowl. Rigid and DD make a cowl kit with 4 pods and I would like to hear experience.
Not me. But I do have 2 4" LED rectangle lights (AMZN specials). They're for illumination to the left and right of the trail/road, slow speed. A late night encounter with a mama moose and her baby driving from Jackson to West Yellowstone gave me reason to light up the shoulder more.

When it's snowing, I found cowl lights light up the snowflakes too much. Front lights and bumper-mounted lights help me more visually at night.
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
….. Front lights and bumper-mounted lights help me more visually at night.
That’s been my experience as well.

Another point to consider with using a light bar on the top of the windshield is if it will affect your ability to get into your garage if that’s important to you.

The only time I wished I had lights higher was when we were trying to find our camp on a trip to Botswana before it got too late. We obviously failed but we didn’t want to be dinner for any of our 4 legged friends that were probably just out of sight…on second thought maybe I didn’t want to see anything but what was just in front of me!
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar and Pod Light noise - Lessons learned, regrets, solutions and options IMG_2744

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Not me. But I do have 2 4" LED rectangle lights (AMZN specials). They're for illumination to the left and right of the trail/road, slow speed. A late night encounter with a mama moose and her baby driving from Jackson to West Yellowstone gave me reason to light up the shoulder more.

When it's snowing, I found cowl lights light up the snowflakes too much. Front lights and bumper-mounted lights help me more visually at night.
Thanks for sharing your first hand experience. My goal is to expand the visibility in the front so I should look for bumper light options that I like.

TurboHarley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Radioactive Waste
Just some food for thought here. I don't have a ton of cash in my exterior lighting mods but they are very functional and a very clean setup with minimal to zero wind noise.
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar and Pod Light noise - Lessons learned, regrets, solutions and options Jeep2

OP
OP

Cspence

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JTM
Occupation
Engineer
Just some food for thought here. I don't have a ton of cash in my exterior lighting mods but they are very functional and a very clean setup with minimal to zero wind noise.
Jeep2.jpg
Finally!! Someone with a cowl mounted light bar!! Glad to hear that you don't experience much of any noise.

Love the setup, any chance you have any photos of it on/at night? Curious about how the hood interferes with the beam pattern of the bar and/or how much glare you get off the hood.

On a separate note, what hood visor is that, first time I've seen it, and I like it...

Sponsored

TurboHarley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Radioactive Waste
The hood visor is from Extreme Terrain. Says it doesn't fit Mojave hood but it does. I don't have any pictures at night but I'll be happy to get a few this evening and post.
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar and Pod Light noise - Lessons learned, regrets, solutions and options Jeep3

OP
OP

Cspence

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JTM
Occupation
Engineer
The hood visor is from Extreme Terrain. Says it doesn't fit Mojave hood but it does. I don't have any pictures at night but I'll be happy to get a few this evening and post.
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar and Pod Light noise - Lessons learned, regrets, solutions and options Jeep3
Thanks for the info and for being willing to provide a few night shots! If you're up to it, could you snag a brief clip to show the sound (or lack there of), somewhere around that 60-70mph range too? Really appreciate it...

TurboHarley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Radioactive Waste
Headlights with light bar
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar and Pod Light noise - Lessons learned, regrets, solutions and options IMG_7225

TurboHarley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Radioactive Waste
Headlights, light bar, side cube lights and bumper light bar.
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar and Pod Light noise - Lessons learned, regrets, solutions and options IMG_7224

Sponsored

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
I have Baja Design LP 6 on the front bumper. There ONX 10” light bar at the winch mount. Also Baja Designs S2 pro’s and Rigid ss on my cowling. Plenty of light no noise. IMO the LP 6 is the best all round light out there

IMG_0735.jpeg

IMG_0747.jpeg

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have Baja Design LP 6 on the front bumper. There ONX 10” light bar at the winch mount. Also Baja Designs S2 pro’s and Rigid ss on my cowling. Plenty of light no noise. IMO the LP 6 is the best all round light out there

Jeep Gladiator Light Bar and Pod Light noise - Lessons learned, regrets, solutions and options IMG_0747

Jeep Gladiator Light Bar and Pod Light noise - Lessons learned, regrets, solutions and options IMG_0747
I agree the LP6 are probably the best lights for their size on the market but the price! I can only bend over so far

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I agree the LP6 are probably the best lights for their size on the market but the price! I can only bend over so far
The Auxbeam 7" are worth the money, imo. And you won't feel bad if they get destroyed with road debris or trail impacts. Someday I'll take my truck out in the dark and take pics.

On my Expedition I put on a pair of Hella 550s. Hella has been a pretty decent brand over the years, but not anymore. Less than 6mo on the truck and one fell out of the housing while driving.

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
Correct, expensive. However I believe the life time warranty off sets that expense

OP
OP

Cspence

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JTM
Occupation
Engineer