First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport; 2011 & 2012 Unlimited Jeeps
Occupation
Govt
Several weeks ago, I created a post called "Light Bar w/Noise Dampening" and reported that I had a Rigid 50" Light Bar; well it turns out I was mistaken.; it was a Rough Country 50" Light Bar.

I'm creating this post for all to know that there are different brands of light bars and get everyone's thoughts on what they like and don't like; Brands, Internal & External.

I will start with what I bought.

Rough County 50" Dual Band Light Bar I bought was only $400 + Mounting kit. Very nice 20K Lumens, but the wind drag made the wife upset to where I gave it my teenage (2011 JK).

I'm not sure why the wind noise was so loud, but here are some things I noticed/did:
1. Gladiator Windshield is more slanted than the regular JKs
2. The back of the Rough Country Light Bar is flat; compared to a Rigid Industry curve
3. After adding the car door trim (O'Rielly Auto Parts), it didn't help on the noise

From my other thread, I have read the reviews on the Internal Light Bars which are located above the visors; only problem with that is that I am 6'2" and it looks like it may cut down on my visibility. Not sure.

For now I am content with having new Oracle 9" Headlights, as they are much more brighter than stock; however I may look into other options based on everyone's feedback.

Thx for your time,
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
Several weeks ago, I created a post called "Light Bar w/Noise Dampening" and reported that I had a Rigid 50" Light Bar; well it turns out I was mistaken.; it was a Rough Country 50" Light Bar.

I'm creating this post for all to know that there are different brands of light bars and get everyone's thoughts on what they like and don't like; Brands, Internal & External.

I will start with what I bought.

Rough County 50" Dual Band Light Bar I bought was only $400 + Mounting kit. Very nice 20K Lumens, but the wind drag made the wife upset to where I gave it my teenage (2011 JK).

I'm not sure why the wind noise was so loud, but here are some things I noticed/did:
1. Gladiator Windshield is more slanted than the regular JKs
2. The back of the Rough Country Light Bar is flat; compared to a Rigid Industry curve
3. After adding the car door trim (O'Rielly Auto Parts), it didn't help on the noise

From my other thread, I have read the reviews on the Internal Light Bars which are located above the visors; only problem with that is that I am 6'2" and it looks like it may cut down on my visibility. Not sure.

For now I am content with having new Oracle 9" Headlights, as they are much more brighter than stock; however I may look into other options based on everyone's feedback.

Thx for your time,
After reviewing 33 pages of JT Showcase pictures (150 JT pics); only noticed 3-4 light bars on the front cab roof, so I think I am going to stop this thread and maybe stick to a light bar on my front bumper and call it good.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
KC gravity 6 pro

Bruce

IMG_3183.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
I'd love a bar on the hood hinges, but heard they pretty much all block the washer nozzles.
heard same thing
Down the road, I may put one on top of the "Rebel Off Road" rack I have in the back, just not sure how it would look by itself. If I added a cargo rack back on top of the rack, then the light bar would blend in.. Getting expensive with all the upgrades i brainstorm on

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
got some closer pics?
Very Very Nice Truck.... Great idea on the lower light bar on the hood. Also love the cargo rack you have. Can you tell me what brand that is and/or where u got. Like the light bar placement up there too.

Sponsored

JeepTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have the Rough Country 30” hood mounted light bar:

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-jl-led-30in-hood-kit-70048c.html?#280=536

It’s perfect for me. Low profile, no road noise and no issues with wiper fluid. There is some hood glare, as expected, but it lights up back roads nicely. Easy installation, especially with the Aux switches. I would recommend it.

Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering 31A3FDD0-3472-4A6D-AA7E-EF947C68C7CB

Last edited:

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
All those extra lights? Is there a viable use for them? Other than being leader on a night ride or solo night riding, is there a good reason to put the money there, as opposed to, say, skids, bumpers or recovery tools?

JeepTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
All those extra lights? Is there a viable use for them? Other than being leader on a night ride or solo night riding, is there a good reason to put the money there, as opposed to, say, skids, bumpers or recovery tools?
For me, I find the high beams with the Sport S lighting to be practically useless, and not significantly better than the low beams. If you live in an area with unlit roads, with the risk of deer and other animals, having improved lighting is a big help. The Aux switches make turning the lights on and off very easy, so you’re not that guy who leaves a light bar on if there is oncoming traffic. My cowl mounted fogs provide decent side road lighting. I can also quickly aim them forward and use amber instead of white, for dense fog. I have the Vision-X lights in my rear bumper and really like them for backing down my driveway. Again, the Aux switches are great with this. Easy on/off if/when needed.
I can certainly understand your question about priorities though. Lighting was the last project I did

Last edited:

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
KC Gravity Pro 6 with yellow Lamin-X on the 4 outer clear on the 4 inner.

Make no noise that I can detect and plenty of light. I don't want them low because (A) it serves no useful function as I have plenty of low to the ground light already with LED heads and fogs (B) more susceptible to damage
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering 0320211314_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering 0215210620_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering 0123211853_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering 0123211751_HDR

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
My 1st option was to replace the Stock Headlights with Oracle 9" Headlights. They are about x50 times brighter than stock and well worth the cost to me ($700). Was told these are the brightest legal running lights you can have or very close to it; I'm betting very close to it.

When I purchased my JT in January this year, the front bumper had a winch and lightbar (9") included. After adding the Oracle 9" lights, they are so bright in just low beam running mode, you can not see a difference when you turn on the light bar.

It a waste down there now. Saving funds to replace bumper or move the lightbar to another jeep of mine.

Gladiator Front View.jpg
Sponsored