Sponsored

Light popping sound when turning in parking lots.

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
Anyone get a random light popping sound from front when turning in parking lots? I hear it sometimes turning into parking spaces. Its usually one pop then I dont hear it again until I back out. I have to be in motion though. Turning wheel back and forth completely stopped makes no sound.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yup - only on occasion, I've heard it, not common, not always, but I've heard it in parking lots, tighter turns, moving but not fast.

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
Ok cool. I notice it more now that I'm aware of it. As long as others hear it sometimes I'm not worrying. Thanks

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yup mine does too, has since day 1.

Pretty much every time I back out of a spot or my driveway and start to pull forward and turn the wheel back in the opposite direction... Just once, until i back out of another spot .
To me it sound like it's from the right front.
It doesn't bother me and nothing is loose in the front end

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have heard it a couple time also on the right side. I think it is something with the Front Axle Disconnect (FAD) system that is on the right side of the axle.

Sponsored

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone get a random light popping sound from front when turning in parking lots? I hear it sometimes turning into parking spaces. Its usually one pop then I dont hear it again until I back out. I have to be in motion though. Turning wheel back and forth completely stopped makes no sound.
Had a light pop and short rattle on quick acceleration and in turns since day 1. For me it seemed to come from the back driver side. Took it to the dealership which torqued all suspension bolts/nuts to spec and did the same to the bed mounts. No longer does it.

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
I have heard it a couple time also on the right side. I think it is something with the Front Axle Disconnect (FAD) system that is on the right side of the axle.
Had a light pop and short rattle on quick acceleration and in turns since day 1. For me it seemed to come from the back driver side. Took it to the dealership which torqued all suspension bolts/nuts to spec and did the same to the bed mounts. No longer does it.
I get a rattle sound seems to happen going into 5th I'll have to have them check suspension.

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
So I did a test in parking lot. I let my truck roll at a slow speed. Turned wheel completely right and turning back immediately pops and same with left.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
Dropped my truck off at the dealership. They retorqued everything in the front end , and no more popcorn maker. Also turning feels alot tighter and responsive.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The pop on acceleration returned... lived with it for a few weeks before doing a 2 inch Iron Rock Lift Kit with DT8000 shocks and now it's gone again. Let's see if it returns.

OP
OP
Beowulf85

Beowulf85

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator sport s
The pop on acceleration returned... lived with it for a few weeks before doing a 2 inch Iron Rock Lift Kit with DT8000 shocks and now it's gone again. Let's see if it returns.
My trucks been at the dealership for over a month now and they still cant figure it out. :/

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My trucks been at the dealership for over a month now and they still cant figure it out. :/
At this point, they need to replace the vehicle. Involve corporate customer service. See if they will install a Mopar lift at no charge to you to see if it fixes the issue. The lift I installed was not Mopar, it was Iron Rock, but no more popping at this point... and the rattle that was the biggest issue never returned.
Sponsored