Like a kid in a candy store

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I have been wanting a Jeep truck since they came out but the situation was not right for it to happen and have had to wait to get myself in the right position. Everything is still looking like will be good to go around mid to late June to be able to start getting serious and trying to work some deals, etc. I will still have to figure out what to do with my truck which I still owe on but will come to that hurdle as it gets closer. After looking and lurking and seeing everyone and what they are doing with their trucks well the title of the post says it all

I am gonna be like a kid in a candy store.

A Sport S Max tow 1st choice or a Overland should fit the bill if can get for the right price. Gonna try to keep it to the $40,000 range or less but get as much of the few items I want in the truck (Cold Weather, Auxiliary Switches, 7" or 8.4" Premium sound, soft top). Don't want to bite off more than can deal with. I have someone who can spray the bed with a good lining for $200 and can probably get a good deal on a hardtop trifold for the back. If I can't make something work for one of those then Sport S with just the Tow Package. I have decided after much thinking I really only want a Gobi Color but might be ok with Gator if necessary. Think the only way I would settle for other color is if someone wowed me with a crazy deal.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck on your search. A Max Tow for under $40,000 with what you want is totally doable. With the incentives they are still offering you should be all smiles soon. Got my Gator and was out the door at right at $37,000, mines got hardtop but no power windows or doors locks but did have the spray in liner and all windows tinted at the dealership. I may add powerlocks soon but that will only be ,$500. Don't settle, get what your looking for. The only challenge will be what you owe on your truck and what your comfortable paying monthly, but I still feel like you can get it done.

PS: GET A GATOR

Jeep Gladiator Like a kid in a candy store IMG_20200515_124635

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck on your search. A Max Tow for under $40,000 with what you want is totally doable. With the incentives they are still offering you should be all smiles soon. Got my Gator and was out the door at right at $37,000, mines got hardtop but no power windows or doors locks but did have the spray in liner and all windows tinted at the dealership. I may add powerlocks soon but that will only be ,$500. Don't settle, get what your looking for. The only challenge will be what you owe on your truck and what your comfortable paying monthly, but I still feel like you can get it done.

PS: GET A GATOR

Jeep Gladiator Like a kid in a candy store IMG_20200515_124635
My plans were to sell my truck beforehand but all this Virus stuff may make it a bit more difficult. I may talk to Carmax and some others just to see what they might offer me. Heck if its enough to cover I could live with that but would be nice to have a little extra to put toward the jeep.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you can swing a Rubicon...Go for it. Everything a Max Tow has...But includes F&R e-lockers, swaybar disconnect, etc...

Granite Crystal Metallic looks damn-good blacked-out. ;)

Jeep Gladiator Like a kid in a candy store IMG_1197

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If you can swing a Rubicon...Go for it. Everything a Max Tow has...But includes F&R e-lockers, swaybar disconnect, etc...

Granite Crystal Metallic looks damn-good blacked-out. ;)

Jeep Gladiator Like a kid in a candy store IMG_1197
I agree that Rubi looks pretty damn sharp, and if he finds one for $40,000 or under please let me know because I'm all over that.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that Rubi looks pretty damn sharp, and if he finds one for $40,000 or under please let me know because I'm all over that.
Mine wasn't much more than that before taxes and fees with all the incentives they were offering on it...And it has the 8.4" Navi, 9-speaker Alpine, AUX switches, Metallic paint upgrade, and the 3-Piece Freedom Top... :like:

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine wasn't much more than that before taxes and fees with all the incentives they were offering on it...And it has the 8.4" Navi, 9-speaker Alpine, AUX switches, Metallic paint upgrade, and the 3-Piece Freedom Top... :like:
I'll see what is the best I can get. Hopefully there will be some good deals going on next month into July. If I could find one in the price range would definitely look at the Rubicon. I have no issues even buying a slightly used one if the price is right. I usually drive and keep cars for long time. I won't put myself in a bad spot money wise though just to own one.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way I did like the Granite Crystal Metallic. That would be about my favorite color outside of Gobi or Gator. Somehow I just really like the Gobi look. Not to light and not to dark. My last two vehicles were/are white and I don't want white anymore.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
By the way I did like the Granite Crystal Metallic. That would be about my favorite color outside of Gobi or Gator. Somehow I just really like the Gobi look. Not to light and not to dark. My last two vehicles were/are white and I don't want white anymore.
I've never owned a white vehicle... My work-issue truck is white, but it's not mine, or my first color choice. Back about 15 years ago, I had a 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 that was champagne colored...That would be about the closest to a white vehicle that I've personally owned.

Also, I keep vehicles that I like for a long time, as well. Bought my 2007 Ram 2500 Cummins new, and I've still got it, and still drive it every now and then (just to keep everything lubricated and rotated). I plan on keeping my JTR for a long time, as well. Down the road, 6.4 Hemi swapping it. The Rubicon will hold it's value longer and higher than other models, simply because of what it is. The Rubicon model has become iconic...Sort of like a Harley-Davidson compared to a Honda. The Rubicon is something special, the rest are a dime-a-dozen. In 10 years, the HD will still be worth 2/3 of it's new price, and the Honda won't be worth scrap-price. I'm not knocking anyone's choice, it just is what it is...And I've bought and sold enough cars, trucks, and motorcycles (and lost my ass on enough of them) to know what will and won't hold a long-run value.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never owned a white vehicle... My work-issue truck is white, but it's not mine, or my first color choice. Back about 15 years ago, I had a 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 that was champagne colored...That would be about the closest to a white vehicle that I've personally owned.

Also, I keep vehicles that I like for a long time, as well. Bought my 2007 Ram 2500 Cummins new, and I've still got it, and still drive it every now and then (just to keep everything lubricated and rotated). I plan on keeping my JTR for a long time, as well. Down the road, 6.4 Hemi swapping it. The Rubicon will hold it's value longer and higher than other models, simply because of what it is. The Rubicon model has become iconic...Sort of like a Harley-Davidson compared to a Honda. The Rubicon is something special, the rest are a dime-a-dozen. In 10 years, the HD will still be worth 2/3 of it's new price, and the Honda won't be worth scrap-price. I'm not knocking anyone's choice, it just is what it is...And I've bought and sold enough cars, trucks, and motorcycles (and lost my ass on enough of them) to know what will and won't hold a long-run value.
Well if I get lucky and can find one that keeps me in my price range will certain look at it. Even if its a lightly used one as long as the steering is good. Would rather new but I have gotten very good deals on lightly used vehicles and driven them a long time. I think though I will more than likely have more success with either a Sport or an Overland. Either would work its gonna be my daily driver as well as toting my kayak and gear to launch locations, etc. So a mix or comfort wouldn't hurt. Heck even if I have to move to a Basic model I will be happy if I can get a few things in it. I just want to be able to pop the top and drive. Always liked the old jeep trucks my friend had one back in the early 80's and that thing was a blast to ride in. He also had a regular jeep which was fun as well. There is a Sport S Gator at one of the dealerships here in Houston that they are selling for like $37,000. It doesn't have all the stuff I want like the cold weather but I could go either way on that one. But I can't deal with a 5" screen luckly its got upgraded sound and screen.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to tow anything or haul a bunch of gear, and you plan on lifting and/or adding larger tires (35" or 37"), I would go with a Max Tow or Rubicon because of the 4.10 gears and wide-track axles, also the heavy-duty engine cooling and Class-IV tow package offered for both. Make sure if you find a Rubicon, that it has the factory Class-IV Tow Package, which includes the receiver, 4-way and 7-way plugs wired into the rear bumper, and heavy-duty engine cooling (same as Max Tow).

My Rubicon also has the factory Class-IV Tow Package (I forgot to mention that option in my previous post because I'm used to full-size pickups where that is considered standard equipment), and for the small upcharge from the factory to include it, it would cost a good bit more to have all those things added later by another shop.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're going to tow anything or haul a bunch of gear, and you plan on lifting and/or adding larger tires (35" or 37"), I would go with a Max Tow or Rubicon because of the 4.10 gears and wide-track axles, also the heavy-duty engine cooling and Class-IV tow package offered for both. Make sure if you find a Rubicon, that it has the factory Class-IV Tow Package, which includes the receiver, 4-way and 7-way plugs wired into the rear bumper, and heavy-duty engine cooling (same as Max Tow).

My Rubicon also has the factory Class-IV Tow Package (I forgot to mention that option in my previous post because I'm used to full-size pickups where that is considered standard equipment), and for the small upcharge from the factory to include it, it would cost a good bit more to have all those things added later by another shop.
Yea that is the one thing that keeps me looking at the Sport S Max tow that in the future may be towing a boat or perhaps a small to mid size travel trailer.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Sounds like Max Tow is the way to go for you. The Rubicon has similiar towing ability really - but your looking at budget and the incentives for the Sport are so much better then the Rubicon. Your going to be able to get a real good deal on the Max Tow (likelyhood of same discounts on a Rubicon are slim unless you find dealer that really wants to get rid of some).

If going for budget. I would still get the 8.5" stereo upgrade if possible, of course the Max Tow package, cold weather, and Aux switch options.