First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
I've been trying to buy 4x4s at lowes to complete my kitchen island since last june.

Rude rude days are coming unfortunately.

Not trying to sky is falling anyone but my walmarts freezers are still only half full on the best days... this from over a year ago.

Business closures, delays, inflation... not trying to get political but get used to it.

Don't even want to mention food, weather and current harvest outlooks internationally and domestically. ...

I hope people see this as the canary in the coal mine that it may be.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BioMedTechGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Eco-Diesel
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair and Service
I hope people see this as the canary in the coal mine that it may be.
In 2020 I was certain of what "could be". The canary was just for other people who need it...
Fortunately my wife and I both work in the medical field, but my requirements were innate ability and 2 years of community college. The skills I use were mostly already in my mind and not being afraid to take on new challenges with no options for failure.
Anyway, spray in bedliner is at the top of 2 immediate needs my wife has for her new 2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys edition we just got 2 weeks ago. I'm grateful for the forum and to its members.
Oh, and we've been trying to get a small (1,200 ft²) house built for over 14 months. Fortunately, it's 80% or more complete. Still, we definitely are over budget thanks to a criminal CONtractor that "we" finally fired (I would have done that a year ago)

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I’ve always done line x but got Rhino Liner due to the shortage. It was cheaper and they actually did a better install then line-x. My only complaint is that the rhino smelt bad for about a week. Otherwise Rhino Liner for the win with lifetime warrant.

twbranch

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Metrologist
I went with the Leonard buildings and truck accessories. They do a fine job and I have used them before in other trucks. Same warranty as line-x and they have material. I was told the base material that is used in line-x and rhino and bullet are the same so it doesn't matter which one you go with. Just go with what's cheaper in your area. And of course who has material.

Evilmunky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Science
I used Monstaliner (DIY kit) on my old JK to coat the tub. Followed their directions for spraying and then followed with a roller to smooth it out. It took a while to off-gas so the JK smelled chemically for a while. But it held up to abuse for the 5 years I had the JK.

Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Lumber, computer chips, line-X... All these new shortages make the toilet paper shortage of 2020 look like ancient history :D

TP: The original shortage

OHverland

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Are there any other brands out there?
Bullet
Line-X
Rhino

(I've done the 'at home' type and they look good for a couple years and then they fade and chip).
A local shop near me is a Scorpion applicator. Seems like a comparable product and warranty. They quoted me the same price as Line-X and Rhino. Might be something to check in to. https://scorpioncoatings.com/

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Just another items to hold up someone's special build if you check off bed liner.
Sponsored