Sponsored

Looking at buying a Gladiator, how is this price?

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR, 2010 Rescue Green JKU
Hi everyone! New to the forum and looking at possibly purchasing a Gladiator. I have found one that was traded in to a Ford dealership about 2 hours for me, so I have not seen it in person yet. They are asking $48,986, it has some aftermarket work done- 37’s on new rims, warn winch, 2 inch body lift, steel bumper (dealership claims “custom steel bumper”) and bed liner. I did get the window sticker from them, I think they are asking too much, what is your take? Here is the window sticker and picture of her.
Jeep Gladiator Looking at buying a Gladiator, how is this price? 896C6DCA-6D54-45C2-8B32-CC999E7E535E

0181A44B-8544-45B4-90ED-85204F82F076.jpeg
Sponsored

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My buddy Lincoln owned and traded it for a Raptor. It has a Warn Evo 10s, Mopar 2” lift (not a body lift), front and rear adjustable track bars, Fox stabilizer, 4.88’s installed by RubiTrux in Boone, new Yokahama 37s, etc.

He took a beating on it I’m sure. I’d guess he had over $9k in it.

Basically you’d be getting a near new JTR with 4K miles on it that’s built for the price of a stock one.

Surffisher2a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave and 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
IT Manager
That jeep could have sold brand new off the lot around 47-48K (assuming the 7% off invoice)

OP
OP

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My buddy Lincoln owned and traded it for a Raptor. It has a Warn Evo 10s, Mopar 2” lift (not a body lift), front and rear adjustable track bars, Fox stabilizer, 4.88’s installed by RubiTrux in Boone, new Yokahama 37s, etc.

He took a beating on it I’m sure. I’d guess he had over $9k in it.

Basically you’d be getting a near new JTR with 4K miles on it that’s built for the price of a stock one.
Thanks for that info! The dealer definitely did not mention it being re-geared to 4.88, that is helpful info to know. I know that trade-ins with mods take a beating, I was thinking about offering them closer to $40k. If your buddy is willing to divulge roughly what he got for it in trade, I would appreciate the info. If he doesn’t want to , I also understand.

Sponsored

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Thanks for that info! The dealer definitely did not mention it being re-geared to 4.88, that is helpful info to know. I know that trade-ins with mods take a beating, I was thinking about offering them closer to $40k. If your buddy is willing to divulge roughly what he got for it in trade, I would appreciate the info. If he doesn’t want to , I also understand.
not sure if you’re new to buying new or used vehicles but if you offer them that, they won’t even bother to respond to you. My guess is they won’t take less than $47k for it. There isn’t a huge mark up on used vehicles. Not sure what he got for it but I’d guess it’s in the $46k range. I’ll ask him though. It’s also hard to go by what he was given since he also bought a truck from them. The give and take doesn’t always make sense.

DatacomGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Have to remember it's an odd time with used vehicle pricing too..dealers hold the leverage right now. Prices are high and inventory is weird.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Why did he go for a raptor in the end? Curious as I went the other way. I do miss the raptor power though but that's fixable.

OP
OP

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have to remember it's an odd time with used vehicle pricing too..dealers hold the leverage right now. Prices are high and inventory is weird.
I know that times are weird, the nice thing for me is I absolutely do not need to buy any vehicle right now. This is definitely just a want and if I cannot get it for a great price, then I will just wait longer. I currently have a 2010 JKU that is all done up and gets used on the trails, so this would be replacing my JKU. It still has a lot of life left though, she doesn’t even have 100k miles yet.

DatacomGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
I know that times are weird, the nice thing for me is I absolutely do not need to buy any vehicle right now. This is definitely just a want and if I cannot get it for a great price, then I will just wait longer. I currently have a 2010 JKU that is all done up and gets used on the trails, so this would be replacing my JKU. It still has a lot of life left though, she doesn’t even have 100k miles yet.
I'm in the exact same position. 👍🏻 It helps.

Sponsored

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Seems high...45k I would think.

that body lift looks horrible.

OP
OP

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think the picture is great (came from the dealership), CTFriel knows the original owner and said it isn’t a body lift but the MOPAR 2 inch lift. The dealership told me it was a body lift, but it is at a Ford dealer and we all know how knowledgeable ANY dealership salesman can be.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
What about the lift looks horrible? Looks like a typical 2” lift to me.
Body lifts have their place. But look at the front bumper. They are really just a cheap way to make room for bigger tires. Personally, I think they often look terrible. Not always. They look great when you can’t tell someone did it IMO.
Sponsored