Looking for a nice chase rack

IamJHIL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Anyone have a chase rack on their vehicle? been looking to get one, and wondering what others in the community have purchased.

Also not a big fan of logos, so trying to find one that doesn't have the company logo all over it.
Sponsored

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
At the risk of sounding really ignorant, what is a chase rack? Just not familiar with that term.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I installed the DV8 Chase Rack on mine a couple of weeks ago...very easy install. And it even comes with side-projecting scene lights which I have not yet had a chance to hook up. It has small, unobtrusive logos on the uprights that could easily be cut off.

Jeep Gladiator Looking for a nice chase rack Lifted1

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
I installed the DV8 Chase Rack on mine a couple of weeks ago...very easy install. And it even comes with side-projecting scene lights which I have not yet had a chance to hook up. It has small, unobtrusive logos on the uprights that could easily be cut off.

Jeep Gladiator Looking for a nice chase rack Lifted1
I’m thinking of getting this. Any regrets? Have you hooked the lights up? Does it come with a rear light? If not what size fits? Thanks

Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
nuthouse has one. I feel like there is something missing in the vertical portion though.

Last edited:

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I’m thinking of getting this. Any regrets? Have you hooked the lights up? Does it come with a rear light? If not what size fits? Thanks
Nope, I still have not had time to hook up the lights They will be wired to my one remaining OEM auxiliary switch. There is no dedicated spot for mounting rear facing lights, but there are a lot of points where you could easily mount one or more. In fact, thanks for the idea. I think I'll pick up a single row light bar and mount it below the crossbar. No regrets on the rack. I've probably sold several for DV8 after people have seen it in person.

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Nope, I still have not had time to hook up the lights They will be wired to my one remaining OEM auxiliary switch. There is no dedicated spot for mounting rear facing lights, but there are a lot of points where you could easily mount one or more. In fact, thanks for the idea. I think I'll pick up a single row light bar and mount it below the crossbar. No regrets on the rack. I've probably sold several for DV8 after people have seen it in person.
Thanks. I just ordered mine about an hour ago.

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
You should get the one from Maximus. I hear it will be out any day now...
Not digging it or the nut house version. The maximus looks cool at first glance but it'll destroy the usability of the truck. I had a fab fours overland rack and I'm selling it tomorrow. It's too heavy and makes the truck drive like a uhaul. Just too much rack. Kinda like the maximus chase rack. Too much, imo

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Does it come with a rear light? If not what size fits? Thanks
I searched yesterday for rear-facing scene lighting...found a ton of light bars and a bunch of cube lights that would work. Just about any light bar will require drilling unless you use a cradle mount and drill holes in it to match the holes in the DV8 rack. Not many manufacturers specify a scene lighting pattern. Most have wide or flood patterns which I think would be too bright with hot spots. Even the rear-facing light shown on the DV8 website is a spot/flood combo. Who needs rear-facing spots? I ended up ordering the Baja Designs S8 10" bar with the Work/Scene lighting pattern. It's not cheap ($329) but was the only one I really liked. According to the BD website, the light has "an extremely smooth 120 degree circle that projects to about 40 feet." That's perfect for a scene light and slow backing. Combined with the DV8 lights, coverage should be over 270 degrees. I'm glad I haven't yet wired up the side-facing cube lights that came with the rack. Now I'll wire all 3 lights to my one remaining OEM auxiliary switch. Total amp draw will only be about 7 amps for the 3 lights. I already have Baja Designs LP6 and XL Racer Edition lights on the front bumper. Great lights.

And one more note: if you have the Trail Rails, you will need to temporarily remove them to mount the DV8 rack. There is some very strong double-sided tape still holding them on after you remove the bolts. The DV8 rack instructions say to assemble the uprights and crossbar and then mount it to the vehicle. I found it very easy to mount the 2 uprights to the Gladiator first and then install the crossbar.

Last edited:

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
I searched yesterday for rear-facing scene lighting...found a ton of light bars and a bunch of cube lights that would work. Just about any light bar will require drilling unless you use a cradle mount and drill holes in it to match the holes in the DV8 rack. Not many manufacturers specify a scene lighting pattern. Most have wide or flood patterns which I think would be too bright with hot spots. Even the rear-facing light shown on the DV8 website is a spot/flood combo. Who needs rear-facing spots? I ended up ordering the Baja Designs S8 10" bar with the Work/Scene lighting pattern. It's not cheap ($329) but was the only one I really liked. According to the BD website, the light has "an extremely smooth 120 degree circle that projects to about 40 feet." That's perfect for a scene light and slow backing. Combined with the DV8 lights, coverage should be over 270 degrees. I'm glad I haven't yet wired up the side-facing cube lights that came with the rack. Now I'll wire all 3 lights to my one remaining OEM auxiliary switch. Total amp draw will only be about 7 amps for the 3 lights. I already have Baja Designs LP6 and XL Racer Edition lights on the front bumper. Great lights.

And one more note: if you have the Trail Rails, you will need to temporarily remove them to mount the DV8 rack. There is some very strong double-sided tape still holding them on after you remove the bolts. The DV8 rack instructions say to assemble the uprights and crossbar and then mount it to the vehicle. I found it very easy to mount the 2 uprights to the Gladiator first and then install the crossbar.
Thanks. I've got homemade trail rails but it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks again for the info.
Sponsored