Sponsored

Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts?

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
So many out there. Pick one were the build quality is great. Had the Mopar off-road bumper. (Full width) after hitting it multiple time in big Bear. Switched it out for a Rebel off-road summit series.

IMG_0735.jpeg

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
Jeep Gladiator Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts? PXL_20230411_214925388_2

Motobilt Hammer Stubby Bumper with non-recessed winch mounting.

If you like a Stubby style bumper your biggest choice is going to be recessed winch mounting or not, there's pros and cons to either style.
I didn't like how close the back of the winch sat next to the grille with a recessed bumper and that's after adding spacers to push the bumper out some.
So I swapped to the top mounted style, no issues with airflow, and with the strength and quality of the Motobilt part, I don't worry about it being secure/strong enough for mounting my winch. I've pulled cable a couple times once with the old bumper and once with the new, the old bumper let out a large groan when I pulled line, the new one didn't make a sound. I attribute that to how much thicker the steel is on the new vs the old, not the mounting point.

Old Rugged Ridge Bumper with recessed mounting below.

Jeep Gladiator Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts? PXL_20220917_170754607.MP

RockJeep98

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Support Manager
Jeep Gladiator Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts? PXL_20220917_170754607.MP

Motobilt Hammer Stubby Bumper with non-recessed winch mounting.

If you like a Stubby style bumper your biggest choice is going to be recessed winch mounting or not, there's pros and cons to either style.
I didn't like how close the back of the winch sat next to the grille with a recessed bumper and that's after adding spacers to push the bumper out some.
So I swapped to the top mounted style, no issues with airflow, and with the strength and quality of the Motobilt part, I don't worry about it being secure/strong enough for mounting my winch. I've pulled cable a couple times once with the old bumper and once with the new, the old bumper let out a large groan when I pulled line, the new one didn't make a sound. I attribute that to how much thicker the steel is on the new vs the old, not the mounting point.

Old Rugged Ridge Bumper with recessed mounting below.

Dude that Hammer bumper looks awesome!!!

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have the FabFours stubby bumper and really like it. I did make some custom light brackets for the fog lights because I was not a big fan of how they mounted inside.
What skid plate is that? I am planning to get the same bumper but not sure what skid plate should I get.