Sponsored

Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts?

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to replace my front bumper on my 2022 Mojave with a Fab Fours Stubby Front Bumper with Pre-Runner Guard

https://www.extremeterrain.com/fab-...uVE995LQl-_obkKwSCxoCDcMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyone have this bumper on their Mojave? Was it a easy install with the Mojave factory skid plate? And were you able to still your factory led fog lights?, I have the LED factory lights.

And I want to buy the BADLAND APEX™ 12,000 lb. winch seems to be a reasonable price for what many say is a good dependable winch.......Thoughts?

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...synthetic-rope-and-wireless-remote-56385.html

Any recommendations or thoughts will be welcomed, Thanks :)
Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The winch will server you well without question. I've had this model and have used it several times without issue. I did have to return one for warranty but this was for me pinching a wire and not a failure of the winch itself. I can share more on that if you are interested.

As for the bumper, I think I will pass. First and foremost, the 12k winch will pull hard and the bumper you've selected puts the winch at a mechanical advantage against the frame by sitting above it. I personally went with a bumper from Schrockworks (now out of business) that puts the winch in between the frame rails. Another issue to consider is airflow with the winch sitting in the center of the grill and in front of the radiator and A/C condenser.

Jeep Gladiator Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts? tempImageMqrubZ

OP
OP
Mojave Nunzio

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The winch will server you well without question. I've had this model and have used it several times without issue. I did have to return one for warranty but this was for me pinching a wire and not a failure of the winch itself. I can share more on that if you are interested.

As for the bumper, I think I will pass. First and foremost, the 12k winch will pull hard and the bumper you've selected puts the winch at a mechanical advantage against the frame by sitting above it. I personally went with a bumper from Schrockworks (now out of business) that puts the winch in between the frame rails. Another issue to consider is airflow with the winch sitting in the center of the grill and in front of the radiator and A/C condenser.

Jeep Gladiator Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts? tempImageMqrubZ
Well I'm glad you veterans are here lol I did not realize on the strength factors, thanks for the info :)

OP
OP
Mojave Nunzio

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Sav_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have the FabFours stubby bumper and really like it. I did make some custom light brackets for the fog lights because I was not a big fan of how they mounted inside.
Jeep Gladiator Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts? IMG_0112

JUPITER GLADIATOR

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
Nautical Ventures Store Manager
I just purchased a new takeoff Mopar steel bumper from a Rubicon 392. I know my Mojave skid plate won’t fit unless I trim it. I might just buy the Rubicon skid plate instead. I also need to swap out my orange tow hooks to keep up with the Mojave theme…unless I really want to stand out with blue hooks!!

HipFish

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I installed a full Westin with 12,000 lb superwinch. I added a 1” Terflex puck to bring the front back up as it sagged. Everything went on easy…factory lights, skid plate, etc.

IMG_1330.jpeg

Sponsored

HipFish

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I installed a full Westin with 12,000 lb superwinch. I added a 1” Terflex puck to bring the front back up as it sagged. Everything went on easy…factory lights, skid plate, etc.

Jeep Gladiator Looking to replace my front bumper with............Thoughts? IMG_1330
They make a shorty as well.

ASU_Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nomad, Deuce sedan, MINI, 4Runner, Lexus, BMW RT
Occupation
None

MikeVeee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...initive-front-bumper-thread.51743/post-935107

Lots of info on this same topic in a previous thread that helped me tons back when I was in the same boat deciding what bumper and winch to go with on Mojave that allowed me to keep factory skid plate & factory LED fog lights.
Here's the previous thread I used that helped me decide what bumper & winch to go with on Mojave to accommodate recessed winch mounting and keep factory LED fogs & skid plate. I hope it is helpful for you too.

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi 2 door, 23 Gladiator.......
I would recommend going to some kind of a Jeep show or a Jeep function where you could see probably 60 or more different front bumpers in real life.
Sponsored