Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If it’s adjustable wear it one notch below normal
EZ fits id recommend a lanyard
Some days I think every one and every thing here is a notch below normal LOL (and I didn't exclude myself....)

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
Almost - was driving roof off (doors on) and a gust of wind while on the highway - Iowa is a windy state - took off my hat and the mask my wife had made me for my visit to the dental office I was coming back from. CRAP... I pulled over and looked - nothing on the road - aha - they had blown down to between the passenger seat and the right door - wedged in there. LUCKY.
Now if I must have a hat, I wear a leather one with a chin strap and keep it snug.
I've had things sucked right out of that truck with just the roof off and with the doors off, too, it gets worse than when I had my motorcycle on a windy day.
I need to wear a hat because my thinning hair doesn't protect much up there any more and having had it longer, two reasons it's short now: Kept getting caught in the creep wheels (OUCH!) and my current wife doesn't like how this older guy looks with the longer hair these days.
I lived in Newton for 3-4 years. Funny thing about Iowa, the wind never stops until the middle of summer and it's 90 degrees with 80 humidity. I couldn't even grill outside at most times because it would blow the heat out of the grill.

I used to drive a Chevy S10 and it would cause me to drift into the neighboring lane without my steering wheel turning.

When I first got my TJ Wrangler, I thought me getting beat up from the wind was normal until I moved to MI. Much better.

I gotta tell ya - that trip from Newton to Des Moines with top/doors off was BRUTAL

Sponsored

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
My gf in the passenger seat has a bigger problem with hats almost flying off than I do. I watch her constantly grabbing for it and moving around. I am sitting right next to her wearing a visor, and she has a lot more problems than I do.

I rock a visor because my locks do not allow me to wear a hat anymore.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I lived in Newton for 3-4 years. Funny thing about Iowa, the wind never stops until the middle of summer and it's 90 degrees with 80 humidity. I couldn't even grill outside at most times because it would blow the heat out of the grill.

I used to drive a Chevy S10 and it would cause me to drift into the neighboring lane without my steering wheel turning.

When I first got my TJ Wrangler, I thought me getting beat up from the wind was normal until I moved to MI. Much better.

I gotta tell ya - that trip from Newton to Des Moines with top/doors off was BRUTAL
LOL - yeah, you remember it well.
I'm not that far from Newton - about 30 miles, 35 minutes or so.
In the summer the Texans send us their heat and humidity, in the winter those darned Canadians export the cold and wind to us.
It's windy again today! (blowing in heat this time)

OP
OP
PDiddy

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Yes and no... somehow I managed to catch it with my chin up against my shoulder... I'm sure it was absolutely hilarious to the other vehicles around me.

I now put it behind the seat in the "map pocket" Pretty much everything else gets stuffed under the backseat or wedged as tightly as possible under the front seats (but I don't really trust that)

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I want to hear the story of someone who thought they lost theirs and then found it in the bed. That's had to have happened to someone by now?!

Sponsored

OP
OP
PDiddy

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I want to hear the story of someone who thought they lost theirs and then found it in the bed. That's had to have happened to someone by now?!
I wish that happened to me.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Yes I have “lost my hat”... I’ve learned where to stuff it... generally hat off... Jeep hair don’t care.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
ProTip: the gear shifter/selector doubles as a great hat rack. The 2W/4W selector functions as a secondary wind proof hat rack.
Sponsored