OP
eddybarba

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase
SICK! I know JTs weren't designed for drag racing, but with some slicks, I wonder what time this would get.
I won't go the slicks route, but I'll definitely take it to the track when its done. I don't expect anything crazy, but it'll be fun to find out
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I won't go the slicks route, but I'll definitely take it to the track when its done. I don't expect anything crazy, but it'll be fun to find out
Definitely post back results and hopefully video too!

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I thought I bought the bumper off this thing? but it has a steel bumper on it??

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I was wondering what a funny car wrapped gladiator would do,or a pro stock
endless possibilities
you mean a funny car, but with a gladiator fiberglass cover on it? Low 4s maybe with all that windshield drag.

Talk about a bug killer!

Sponsored

OP
OP
eddybarba

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I bought the bumper off this thing? but it has a steel bumper on it??
Hey Luke, no that bumper was off my JLUR. I swapped it out for a Genright Bumper when it came out.

I will be selling this steel bumper as well when I finally get it home. I learned my lesson though, no shipping, lol.

OP
OP
eddybarba

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, sorry I haven't followed up in a while, but honestly didn't have anything to report.
Finally got some concrete information.

First thing first, it will be at the Katzkin booth at the SEMA show. I'm pretty excited about it, it will be the only vehicle displayed at their booth, and it's pretty big 50' x 30'

It's still at Teraflex now, but I've already arranged shipping. It should be back in Miami end of next week, where Karnage Motorsports will finish the build for SEMA.

I know almost everything that's going on. Here's what I know for certain:
Shocks- Falcon 3.3 tuned specifically for gladiators with hemi swaps
Suspension- Teraflex long arm kit for the gladiator(it's a prototype and took a lot of pleading and begging to get it, their JL kit isn't even out yet)
Axles- TeraFlex Full Float 60's front and rear(again prototype, had to give up my first born, yada yada yada)4.88 hears and arb lockers
Warn Zeon Platinum 12S
Factor 55
Rock Lights(probably rigid)
Not sure about what armor or bumpers yet. I have a few ideas, waiting on reps to get back to me and try to get a sponsorship or discount(this build's getting expensive)

Definitely going 40" tires. I'm between the 20" Raceline Avenger Beadlocks or 17" KMC Robbie Gordons. I'll be running MT either way, Baja Boss if I go KMC or MTZ if I go Raceline.

Powertank 10lb Bottle
Single ARB compressor for lockers
SPOD for all the extra crap I have to run. I really wanted to just stay with the aux switches but 4 isn't enough.

The katzkin booth is really impressive. Unfortunately I can't show you guys the rendering, but I'll make sure to post pics at SEMA.

As soon as it gets to miami, I'll take some pics and can actually show progress pictures.

Thank for reading and being interested in this build.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@steffen707 - You are such a troll !! :CWL:
ahem, i think not. From wikipedia.
"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain."

Sure I could have googled WHEN IS SEMA, but I figured somebody in the thread already knew. gosh. if I would have said something like, "DUDE LUCIFER AND DEMONS ARE BAD! How dare you name your JT after the prince of death, you suck" I could see that as troll-like.

:movember:

EDIT: here is the answer to my question, "
2019 SEMA Show will begin at 11:00 AM on
Tuesday
November 5
and ends on
Friday
November 8
All times are in Central Time."
Can't wait to see Lucifer photos there! Can you please drive over a pimped out prius or Nissan Leaf please?

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
ahem, i think not. From wikipedia.
"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain."

Sure I could have googled WHEN IS SEMA, but I figured somebody in the thread already knew. gosh. if I would have said something like, "DUDE LUCIFER AND DEMONS ARE BAD! How dare you name your JT after the prince of death, you suck" I could see that as troll-like.

:movember:
LOL I thought you knew what SEMA was and were trolling :CWL:

I mean I thought everyone in this forum knew what SEMA was tbh

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL I thought you knew what SEMA was and were trolling :CWL:

I mean I thought everyone in this forum knew what SEMA was tbh
Know what it is, yes.
Know when it is, no.