Sponsored

Made my own bed rack!

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
"got some pretty jacked up looking welds" :giggle:

Seriously though, way to go out and make something you want. What does the top look like, roof top tent ready?

OP
OP
tysongladiator

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
"got some pretty jacked up looking welds" :giggle:

Seriously though, way to go out and make something you want. What does the top look like, roof top tent ready?
Beyond jacked

In addition to the top being square, I added more beams for strength. Tent ready

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's great seeing people build and do own mods. With a purpose in mind not just for show. Let alone the many of drive to shop, leave it, pick it up and put it on C.C. "Builds"

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Well done! Im definitely not a bed rack person but you still got a thumbs up from me

Sponsored

OP
OP
tysongladiator

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Well done! Im definitely not a bed rack person but you still got a thumbs up from me
I appreciate that. Have two fellow jeepers here and they have one. I said that I don't have a need for a $1500 bed rack. But, to tackle a project and only spend 1/10 tenth of that cost? I'll try it!

Thanks for the thumbs up!!

OP
OP
tysongladiator

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
It's great seeing people build and do own mods. With a purpose in mind not just for show. Let alone the many of drive to shop, leave it, pick it up and put it on C.C. "Builds"
Exactly! Hey, I love a good challenge! Lol

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
@tysongladiator Can you show how you mounted it to the bed. Love the Army attitude of build it yourself.

OP
OP
tysongladiator

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I ran across your video this morning on youtube. Great job!
Thanks! Better than $1500. My hopes is that someone will do the same but make improvements. I like to see people take on projects. And for someone to take this, do it themselves, and make it better would be awesome!

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I thrive on doing stuff myself. From my DIY Overlanding trailer and my YJ on 1-tons, to plumbing and electrical, I enjoy doing everything myself. Very rewarding. Things like this are one of my favorite things to read about from this group.

OP
OP
tysongladiator

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I thrive on doing stuff myself. From my DIY Overlanding trailer and my YJ on 1-tons, to plumbing and electrical, I enjoy doing everything myself. Very rewarding. Things like this are one of my favorite things to read about from this group.
Yes! Very rewarding indeed! I most of the time take on self projects for that same rewarding experience!

OP
OP
tysongladiator

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
@tysongladiator Can you show how you mounted it to the bed. Love the Army attitude of build it yourself.
I'll have to get you some pics. When the bedcover is off, I have some C Clamps from and old roll back bedcover that I used to have on my RAM. When the bed is off, it's bolted directly to the bed. I have an extra bed cap so that if I decided not to use the bed rack anymore, you wouldn't even notice the holes.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Made my own bed rack! Check out the video:

Jeep Gladiator Made my own bed rack! 20200920 Tyson Jeep with Hi Lift Jack - Columbia, SC

Jeep Gladiator Made my own bed rack! 20200920 Tyson Jeep with Hi Lift Jack - Columbia, SC
Great idea. I also have the 3-piece hard top on my '20 Overland and have been trying to figure out what kind of rack i could do that will still allow the hard tonneau to open.

OP
OP
tysongladiator

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Great idea. I also have the 3-piece hard top on my '20 Overland and have been trying to figure out what kind of rack i could do that will still allow the hard tonneau to open.
I actually have a mid height rack now. Built that one also. I had an issue with mine the forced me to build a new one. I went to Bearwallow in WV. Kept looking in the rear view and it looked like the rack was moving. Got out and the rack was broken in two spots in the front. That's why on the one I have now it's steel. It's heavier but the breaking point tolerance is higher. Also, the mid height has less wind resistance which gives the jeep more stability. The only difference is that with my full height I could fully open the bed cover while still on the bed. Now I have to pull the cover back towards me with each fold. I can still open it though.

279392896_489384792980918_5520807789469051391_n.jpg
Sponsored