Magnuson Supercharger Build

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
And they dont see to be stocking the pulley, so keep that in mind. Magnuson quoted me 2-3 wk lead time on pulley… The SC kit took 12 wks to get for me…
Sponsored

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
And they dont see to be stocking the pulley, so keep that in mind. Magnuson quoted me 2-3 wk lead time on pulley… The SC kit took 12 wks to get for me…
edwardthev, maybe if you order it today, HP Tuners might have cracked that newer ECM by the time you get everything in your possession. In my current situation, I hope it happens a lot sooner than that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that I got it all back to stock, I started it up, and got some the check engine light as well as the auto start/stop light. Had O'Reilly's run a diagnostic and got a few codes back. The first ones are P0175 and P0172 (Banks 1 and 2 running rich). I left the Bosch injectors and NGK Spark Plugs in. Could that be what is causing it? Next codes I got were P1DB1 (TCM Voltage Excessive Low) and P0562 (Battery Low). I put a new main and auxiliary battery in yesterday. Should I just reset the codes and see if it goes away?

edwardthev

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, Mojave
Now that I got it all back to stock, I started it up, and got some the check engine light as well as the auto start/stop light. Had O'Reilly's run a diagnostic and got a few codes back. The first ones are P0175 and P0172 (Banks 1 and 2 running rich). I left the Bosch injectors and NGK Spark Plugs in. Could that be what is causing it? Next codes I got were P1DB1 (TCM Voltage Excessive Low) and P0562 (Battery Low). I put a new main and auxiliary battery in yesterday. Should I just reset the codes and see if it goes away?
I'm sure there's a huge difference between piston airplane engines and cars/trucks. But.... in my airplane, all the injectors are tuned to a specific "rich vs. lean" setting, so the each cylinder will produce the same amount of power at a given power setting (not one piston pushing harder than the other)

I can assume, if you changed injectors, you likely changed the amount of fuel going into each cylinder during it's intake stroke. Temporarily "too rich" isn't always bad, but if you're running excessively rich, you actually degrade performance, as well as run the risk of detonation (fuel exploding at the wrong time), and can fowl your spark plugs to the extent the gabbing changes, because the build-up of carbon on the plug itself.

If you're running factory tune, I'd venture to guess that factory injectors would be best.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Of you did not change your injectors and sparkplugs back to stock it will be way off as the injectortiming vs fuel mass is way different and the plugs will not be hot enough to fire fast

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of you did not change your injectors and sparkplugs back to stock it will be way off as the injectortiming vs fuel mass is way different and the plugs will not be hot enough to fire fast
Guess I know what I’ll be doing this afternoon.

ETA: With time pressure to get it done before I picked my kid up from school, that was the fastest spark plug and injector change ever.

ETA 2: All faults cleared after swapping plugs and injectors. Thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to let everyone know I listed my supercharger and associated accessories for sale on the forum's marketplace. The site won't let me cross post it to the Forced Induction forums though.

atoy74

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Just wanted to let everyone know I listed my supercharger and associated accessories for sale on the forum's marketplace. The site won't let me cross post it to the Forced Induction forums though.
Just saw this and went to check your post....

giphy.gif

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw this and went to check your post....

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Build giphy
Yeah, I also had it listed on a local forum, and a guy claimed it this morning.

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Long story short. Buyer’s wife was not happy this showed up in her house, and the husband buying it stretched their cash. Asked me to take it back. I guess I have a soft heart. Anyway, it’s back for sale…again.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
You’re a nicer guy than I would have been! I can’t believe he had the balls to ask especially using the old “my wife said no” excuse. Hope you find another buyer quickly.
Sponsored