First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
With the Mopar engine parts that you are replacing with Magnuson are you letting the installer keep those parts or are you saving them in case they need to be reverted back to stock, curious?

As far as the price goes I would expect that to be about right, cost of parts alone is $6500.00 - $6700.00 with tuning depending on where you go. I haven't pulled the trigger on it but I'm seriously considering it. I'll have Trail Jeeps do the work since they have done several with good results.
My installer package all the OE parts in the Magnuson Supercharger box and returned them to me. I put everything in storage. I purchased a MPVI-2 and I am currently using DAVECS1 supercharger tune. DAVECS1 tune shifts better than the Magnuson Supercharger stock tune and I am currently getting better gas mileage with it too.
Sponsored

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My installer package all the OE parts in the Magnuson Supercharger box and returned them to me. I put everything in storage. I purchased a MPVI-2 and I am currently using DAVECS1 supercharger tune. DAVECS1 tune shifts better than the Magnuson Supercharger stock tune and I am currently getting better gas mileage with it too.
I hear the Magnuson tune retains the warranty as the custom Dave tune does not?

OP
OP

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
I hear the Magnuson tune retains the warranty as the custom Dave tune does not?
That is True. I currently have over 40K miles on my Gladiator. The only warranty I have is on the supercharger.

CharlesVH

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara (Mojito), 1999 TJ Sahara, 1971 Jeepster Commando Wagon, 1969 Jeepster Commando Convertible
Occupation
Texas Realtor and Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect
1. Was just wondering if $7800 price for parts and labor is a fair price?
2. Are you still happy with your Magnuson Supercharger?
Thanks in advance for any information you folks can provide. Hopefully a future Magnuson Supercharger owner.
Can you provide us with an update now that you've had the supercharger for nearly 2 years.

OP
OP

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
Can you provide us with an update now that you've had the supercharger for nearly 2 years.
Currently have 66,800 miles on my Gladiator, about 26,000 miles on a supercharged 3.6 engine. I am still very happy with the Magnuson. Just a side note, I don’t use my Gladiator as a race car.
Sponsored