Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When I replace mine, I’ll want lower profile to make sure they fit with my RCV’s.
Sponsored

OP
OP
b-roc

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
When I replace mine, I’ll want lower profile to make sure they fit with my RCV’s.
You are exactly right...
from metalcloak: "Aftermarket Axles: May not fit with RCV aftermarket axles. Call a MetalCloak Suspension Expert at 916-631-8071 to check your set up."

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
MC has come out and stated that they are revising them to work with RCV shafts. Currently they don't work on JL/JT rcvs but for JKs they do.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
What is the cost for the MC's

Why won't they work with RCV axles

OP
OP
b-roc

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
What is the cost for the MC's

Why won't they work with RCV axles
$700 for a set ... currently listed out of stock on metalcloak's site and as 2-3 weeks on offroad elements site

My assumption about the RCV problem is that the profile of the lower joint is too high and interfers/contacts the boot of the RCV.

Below is only given as an example of the tight clearances that can come with an RCV and aftermarket ball joints (this is not metalcloak)
Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak HD Ball Joints 1682691569346

(Picture from: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/rcv-teraflex-👎🏻.60843/)

I believe that this issue has been addressed for Teraflex by rotating the lower install by 180 degrees... but I am not positive

Sponsored

OP
OP
b-roc

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
@Metalcloak - Any additional info (e.g. - estimated availability, confirmation and timing of revisions/design changes, etc.)?

Jeffjk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Co4x4RnR.org
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon - 3.5” lift on 37” Nittos
Occupation
Software & Systems Engineering
@b-roc I called Metalcloak yesterday and they said they’ll start shipping the new design compatible with RCVs starting October 9th. They updated shipping times and added new photos that show the HD ball joints clearing the RCV boots. He said they’ll remove the note about it not clearing as well.

OP
OP
b-roc

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
@b-roc I called Metalcloak yesterday and they said they’ll start shipping the new design compatible with RCVs starting October 9th. They updated shipping times and added new photos that show the HD ball joints clearing the RCV boots. He said they’ll remove the note about it not clearing as well.
Excellent... thanks!
Sponsored