OP
OP
JeepJT

JeepJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
It's attached to two aluminum tubes going towards the top of the firewall with a zip tie. Not 100% sure what they are lol. Red is the two tubes, yellow is the zip tie. The zip tie was a huge bitch to put on and tighten. I would recommend 3M VHB tape instead.
Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install PXL_20220331_235901480~2
Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install PXL_20220331_235901480
Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install PXL_20220331_235830534
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepJT

JeepJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Is that the Quadratec 12volt pigtail plug you used for ignition switched power?
Yes it is. Brown is ground and red is 12v. I was not able to find that written anywhere, including the included instructions.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
The zip tie was a huge bitch to put on and tighten.
Dude, you weren't kidding. That's 2 sweaty hours in the garage I'll never get back. Back to the drawing board.

Sponsored

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
If I had to do it again, my first try would be to line the tubes on one side with this tape.
Ordered that and some velcro options. The main reason I attempted passenger side was to make use of the USB C outlet to power my magnetic phone charging mount. Ordered an extension cable for that so I may explore mounting it somewhere on the drivers side. How does the speaker on the unit sounds when tucked under the passenger side?

OP
OP
JeepJT

JeepJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Ordered that and some velcro options. The main reason I attempted passenger side was to make use of the USB C outlet to power my magnetic phone charging mount. Ordered an extension cable for that so I may explore mounting it somewhere on the drivers side. How does the speaker on the unit sounds when tucked under the passenger side?
Not sure on the sound. I only ever use the speaker on the handset itself. I can't imagine that you would get a good sound through the unit back there.

Mojave Monkey

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Comercial Driver
I just installed my MXT275 to the bar below the steering wheel. I used a 1/4" spacer to move the antenna away from a fastener, and I ran an RJ45 wire to the cubby next to the axle lock. The sound is very loud and clear in this location.
Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install P1010178.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install P1010179.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install P1010180.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install P1010181.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install P1010182.JPG

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I still haven't decided whether it will go in the glove box or center console

rm1515

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
I still haven't decided whether it will go in the glove box or center console
My only advice about he glove box install. The volume is muted by all the plactic. I ended up moving mine under the steering column for this reason. Now I can hear it fine.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
My only advice about he glove box install. The volume is muted by all the plactic. I ended up moving mine under the steering column for this reason. Now I can hear it fine.
Noted! Thanks

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Just change the speaker to the hand held. press the lock button quickly and follow these directions.

Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install MXT275 speaker selection.PNG

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Anyone try a 3.5 male/male cable and plug the Midland into the Aux for the Uconnect and use that as the Gladiator as the speaker?

Depending on the group I enjoy the radio chatter and the mic on the handheld works fine, but with windows down and my newish addition of hearing damage, I’d like to have a louder volume.

I could go the extra speaker route but I don’t want an extra speaker hidden up under the dash which might yield less of a result than just using the handheld speaker.

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Anyone try a 3.5 male/male cable and plug the Midland into the Aux for the Uconnect and use that as the Gladiator as the speaker?

Depending on the group I enjoy the radio chatter and the mic on the handheld works fine, but with windows down and my newish addition of hearing damage, I’d like to have a louder volume.

I could go the extra speaker route but I don’t want an extra speaker hidden up under the dash which might yield less of a result than just using the handheld speaker.
I haven't tried the Uconnect but I may get a Midland speaker and mount it up by the sunvisor. I have a hard timing making out what people say on any radio so having it close to my head would help. :)

rm1515

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Just change the speaker to the hand held. press the lock button quickly and follow these directions.

Jeep Gladiator Midland MXT275 Install MXT275 speaker selection.PNG
Thanks for that. didn't know it was an option.
Sponsored