Mirrors for soft doors

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon edition
I have a set of soft doors which are great if you ride doorless and want an easy option to keep dry or warm. Problem is mirrors. I have the Lange mirrors and the passenger mirror is useless with the soft doors. Towed my waverunner trailer for a 4 hour trip and had no passenger side visibility w/o my wife checking for me.

Any other mirror suggestions?
Sponsored

GregW68

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
I have a set of soft doors which are great if you ride doorless and want an easy option to keep dry or warm. Problem is mirrors. I have the Lange mirrors and the passenger mirror is useless with the soft doors. Towed my waverunner trailer for a 4 hour trip and had no passenger side visibility w/o my wife checking for me.

Sorry I have no suggestions but I do have a question. Do the doors hit the Lange mirrors?
I am using the O'Reillys scooter mirror with my soft doors currently but only on the drivers side.

Thanks,

greg

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys

Why was the mirror useless? Too low for the door? I love my Lange mirrors but I only use them doorless.

OP
OP

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To answer both your questions

When you open the door they do hit the mirror but only when they are open pretty far so they don't interfere when you get in or out..with the soft doors on you can't see the passenger mirror unless you pull it way in but then it will make it difficult to open the door without hitting it.

MPJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave Hydro Blue
Occupation
IT Coordinator
What soft doors do you have? I was struggling with the same problem. I have a set of American Outlaw mirrors that are great with doors completely off, but interfere with soft and / or tube doors since they mount over the hinge. I was concerned that any mirrors mounted to the windshield hinge or body bolts would interfere with opening the doors. Then I noticed that my Bestop soft lowers have a plate inside with predrilled holes that line up perfectly with most TJ -style mirrors, which I happened to have lying around. This is the result.
Jeep Gladiator Mirrors for soft doors 20210720_201048
Jeep Gladiator Mirrors for soft doors 20210720_201122

Sponsored

OP
OP

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks pretty good. I could probably just remove the Lange mirrors when the door is on which is not very often any way. Do any TJ mirror will fit? There appear to be many out there including a Bestop one for $100.

Thank you

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
That looks pretty good. I could probably just remove the Lange mirrors when the door is on which is not very often any way. Do any TJ mirror will fit? There appear to be many out there including a Bestop one for $100.

Thank you
Absolutely! There are basically 2 generations of TJ mirrors. The 97-02 version is metal (slotted) and weighs a bit on the soft door. The 03-06 version is plastic (solid) which is the best fit for the 2 piece soft doors.
https://www.bestop.com/products/mir...-1987-1995-wrangler-yj-1997-2006-wrangler-tj/

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great fast response from Bestop. I'll order them and let you know how they are.

MJK
Sponsored