First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
@FitfulGoat, how’s it looking for you? Hope you can make it.
I’ve got timeline calls today on our site relocation so fingers crossed. As long as our project stays on time for the first week of October I’ll be there 👍
Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
So still looking good on my end. I’d be a travel in Thursday afternoon leave Sunday afternoon/evening.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So still looking good on my end. I’d be a travel in Thursday afternoon leave Sunday afternoon/evening.
Sounds good. Keep me posted with your progress on Thursday. Do you still have my number?

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Looking forward to the trip! The only unanswered questions for me will my girlfriend be going or not and who will be checking in on my cat. Will for sure leave Friday morning but debating a late Thursday departure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to the trip! The only unanswered questions for me will my girlfriend be going or not and who will be checking in on my cat. Will for sure leave Friday morning but debating a late Thursday departure.
Me too. Can’t wait. My buddy Ryan is landing in Moab around 2pm on Thursday. I’m picking him up then. We’ll hit the store for food and drink and then find a place to camp. We’ll make sure to find a spot that’s big enough for everyone. Other than that, temperature will define what elevation we want to camp at for comfort. The ten day forecast ten days out from today still shows highs in the 80’s and lows in the 50’s, which is perfect. Hopefully that’s about the same in two weeks. Anyone who’s coming Thursday let me know so we can coordinate. I think I have everyone’s numbers, but we’ll make sure that week before departure that we have a group text going. If the camping spot has no signal, I can call people from the sat phone. So don’t ignore calls from unknown numbers. :)

Edit: I confirmed that I’ve got everyone’s mobile numbers, so all good on that front.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I'm planning on a Thursday evening departure. I'm aiming to get there before dark, but that could be pushing it.

What is the plan for food? We all on our own? Do we want to coordinate meals?

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning on a Thursday evening departure. I'm aiming to get there before dark, but that could be pushing it.

What is the plan for food? We all on our own? Do we want to coordinate meals?
Perfect. I hadn’t thought about coordination. But it’s fine with me. What if we did something simple like assigned a meal to everyone, splitting up the work? I figure lunches on the trail will be easy take along stuff, but a lot of not most of us will have 4 breakfasts and 3 dinners, not including Thursday night as we’re arriving at different times. Thoughts? Thanks for thinking about this. I hadn’t.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
My vote is each on their own as I’m only bringing a small camp stove and 1 pan. I’m kinda basic like that.

That being said, I’m open to whatever but will need someone to assist with the actual cooking part if we do the coordination. That is of course if we don’t want to eat in shifts. Ha!

Guess we would need a headcount to determine what is what.

I’ll be a party of 2 as I’m giving my son permission to ditch school for a few days. Don’t worry he is super chill.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My vote is each on their own as I’m only bringing a small camp stove and 1 pan. I’m kinda basic like that.

That being said, I’m open to whatever but will need someone to assist with the actual cooking part if we do the coordination. That is of course if we don’t want to eat in shifts. Ha!

Guess we would need a headcount to determine what is what.

I’ll be a party of 2 as I’m giving my son permission to ditch school for a few days. Don’t worry he isn’t a pain in the a$$.
I’m fine with either. I have a two burner, and lots of pots and pans in the trailer, so surface isn’t an issue. Unless something has changed, @Offroadnewbie has a two burner as well. It doesn’t need to be one way or the other either. If some want to collaborate and some don’t, that’s fine too. We could choose one night to go all out with steaks or something as well.

Sponsored

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Too late to join? I might be in the area that weekend.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Too late to join? I might be in the area that weekend.
Of course not, unless you suck to be around. :) more the merrier.

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Of course not, unless you suck to be around. :) more the merrier.
Great! I’m definitely not “that guy”—hopefully none of you are either 😂.
I’ll send a pm

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Great! I’m definitely not “that guy”—hopefully none of you are either 😂.
I’ll send a pm
I’m sometimes that guy, in that I’m the one that tries tough lines whenever it seems reasonable, but I’ll try to not be a PITA. :) I sent you my cell number in a pm. I’m starting a new group text for logistics discussions, so you’ll be included if you share your number.
Sponsored