Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
based on all that water diversion stuff they put in the hood I’d bet aluminum isn’t strong enough for it
They don't have that stuff in the Rubicon hood (which is aluminum)?

Not arguing; honestly curious.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

no. the 392 has the ability to channel the air intake in 2 ways and divert 15 gpm of water out of the way. No civilian Jeep has ever had anything like this before

Sponsored

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The Rubicon hood is purely aesthetic

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no. the 392 has the ability to channel the air intake in 2 ways and divert 15 gpm of water out of the way. No civilian Jeep has ever had anything like this before
Interesting. I'll have to check out the Mojave hood when one of the dealers near me gets on the lot. I knew it was a different shape, but interested to see how it diverts water.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Interesting. I'll have to check out the Mojave hood when one of the dealers near me gets on the lot. I knew it was a different shape, but interested to see how it diverts water.
you’ll have to wait to see a 392. Watch the reveal video it shows it

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mojave hood is also purely aesthetic

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I watched the full review of the 392. I get the water diverting features, but still don't know why they didn't make the hood out of aluminum if weight up front is such a factor for the Mojave as others had mentioned. So much so that they deleted the disco?

That was my point all along. No diesel Mojave since the extra 300 lbs of weight is a factor? But they're putting the 392 in both the Rubicon and (soon to be released) Mojave Wrangler?

I'm willing to be there is more to it. It was probably quicker to set up the dies for a steel hood than aluminum (certainly cheaper); I'm betting the steel hood will be replaced with aluminum in later releases.

But I gotta say: I want a 392 Wrangler with half doors now. I probably will never get one, but I want one.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Is that price including trade or downpayment? Is that an order or an on-the-lot? That's diesel, correct? That seems like a smoking-good deal, and if I was given a deal like that on the diesel I'd trade right now. Course, I'd be looking at a Willys probably.
That was a straight out price before any down payment without a trade. Two local dealers in Phoenix quoted me a $2000 discount and a $5000 discount. They weren't willing to negotiate any further. Taking a trip to Idaho when my new Diesel Rubicon comes in

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I am pretty sure that the Mojave hood is all looks and no function. The 392 looks to be available only on the Rubiconl

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
That was my point all along. No diesel Mojave since the extra 300 lbs of weight is a factor? But they're putting the 392 in both the Rubicon and (soon to be released) Mojave Wrangler?
Could be a few factors. Steel is cheaper to produce than aluminum, on material costs. They also needed to reduce costs for the upcoming 392 hood, so spreading it across more models drops price per unit. They may have also found the aluminum hood doesn't hold up as well to high speed offroading, or jumps.

Swaybar disconnect would have not been a direct swap, because the Mojave swaybar stiffness and shape are also different. They would have had to develop a different disconnect system using the different bar properties. They also needed to keep the Rubicon king of the rock crawls, to differentiate between the two models.
Sponsored