Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
8D51F552-B6F0-4118-B59F-D53185663273.jpeg

So been going back and forth since the gladiators were launched if I should trade my 19 JLUR for one. Had my eye on a granite launch edition that local dealer still had on hand but for some reason just could not pull the trigger. Last week started reading about the changes that they made to the Mojave edition and decided that fit my needs better than a Rubi. Found one 90 miles away that had everything I was looking for and more and struck a deal over the phone. Put 500 miles on since last Friday. Few things that I have noticed.
1. Ride is great compared to the JLUR. Longer wheelbase and suspension on Mojave is superior.
2. Hood is completely different. On ride home I noticed it. I knew it had center fake hood scoop but did not know it sits about 1 1/2 inches higher. Found that out also when I went to open it and it is noticeably heavier. Tried to swap over my diode dynamics cowl brackets and found out they will not work as back of hood is taller.
3. Swapped over my bestop sun rider no issues there. Did notice it seems much quieter than when it was on JLUR. Not sure if hood shape has anything to do with it.
All in all very happy with my little truck. Gobi is a major change for me and loving the look. Getting used to the 3.6 as I had the 2.0T on my RUBI. Getting around 19.5 mpg on factory MT tires. Glad I pulled the trigger.
That looks good! I've got an 18 JLUR and have been thinking about switching over as well.
Sponsored

studiodfw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer

So been going back and forth since the gladiators were launched if I should trade my 19 JLUR for one. Had my eye on a granite launch edition that local dealer still had on hand but for some reason just could not pull the trigger. Last week started reading about the changes that they made to the Mojave edition and decided that fit my needs better than a Rubi. Found one 90 miles away that had everything I was looking for and more and struck a deal over the phone. Put 500 miles on since last Friday. Few things that I have noticed.
1. Ride is great compared to the JLUR. Longer wheelbase and suspension on Mojave is superior.
2. Hood is completely different. On ride home I noticed it. I knew it had center fake hood scoop but did not know it sits about 1 1/2 inches higher. Found that out also when I went to open it and it is noticeably heavier. Tried to swap over my diode dynamics cowl brackets and found out they will not work as back of hood is taller.
3. Swapped over my bestop sun rider no issues there. Did notice it seems much quieter than when it was on JLUR. Not sure if hood shape has anything to do with it.
All in all very happy with my little truck. Gobi is a major change for me and loving the look. Getting used to the 3.6 as I had the 2.0T on my RUBI. Getting around 19.5 mpg on factory MT tires. Glad I pulled the trigger.
Looks great, congratulations!

Ucfnate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer

Looks incredible! Love the color. Jealous you have the proper side step, mine mojave came with the rubicon slider and my wife is comparing about the lack of steps.

Sponsored

Eherbaugh

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired USCG
I just ordered the Teraflex 1.5” spacer and Fatbobs Garage has A rear 1.5” spacer. I want that bit of factory rake!!

Sponsored