First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Can anyone give me a logical reason as to why Jeep did this? Was this a Fox thing and Jeep just went with it? Im contemplating welding the holes and redrilling to fit every other shock made for Jeeps. The fact that we have to buy more crap just to make a shock fit is absurd...
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Strength. The Mojave is supposed to be able to take hits at higher speed so they did it for strength. Much like the "strengthened frame" that just turned out to be a few welds I think this is more to say they did something than to add any real life strength as the weak point is still the FAD

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Strength. The Mojave is supposed to be able to take hits at higher speed so they did it for strength. Much like the "strengthened frame" that just turned out to be a few welds I think this is more to say they did something than to add any real life strength as the weak point is still the FAD
Yea Im calling BS on that one...I don't see a larger hole being a logical way to add strength. Ive seen shock mounts rip off but not at the bolt whether it be 12 or 14mm
Sponsored