Mojave stolen in Newark

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
A friend of mine parked his brand new Mojave at a Hilton Hotel in Newark NJ while he went on a week long trip. Came back to find out his truck had been stolen. The Uconnect app and GPS says the truck is still in the parking lot. Sounds like a professional job to me.
Sponsored

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
A friend of mine parked his brand new Mojave at a Hilton Hotel in Newark NJ while he went on a week long trip. Came back to find out his truck had been stolen. The Uconnect app and GPS says the truck is still in the parking lot. Sounds like a professional job to me.
Stolen, or did the Hilton have it towed since he wasn 't registered as guest there?

OP
OP
Dreaded1

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Stolen. They were registered at the hotel, had rooms booked on both ends of the vacation, and paid the $30/day parking fee. He did call the tow company just to be sure it wasn't towed by accident, tow company did not have it.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I thought these new vehicles only worked with the chips in the key programmed to them?

OP
OP
Dreaded1

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
They haven't determined how it was stolen yet. The gps and UConnect say the truck is still in the parking lot.
Sponsored