First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Medical Sales
So I have been chasing a “bounce” in my ride. Put 35’s on from day one and rode great till 2,000 mi. then the ride changed. Posted here and many suggested lower tire pressure. Took some of it out but still what i feel is a bounce. Dealer checked everything and of course said all was good. Finally took it to a buddy’s shop and both he and his lead mechanic looked and say the sway bar bushings are shot, “out of round”. You can see they are (pics attached). At least they look to be. Says that could be causing the issue but not a def. Anyone here have a knowledge of this? ANy Mojave look the same/different? Will dealer blame it on the bigger tires and wheels? Replace just the bushings or do a whole new sway bar? Only have 4k miles on it. Thanks

D86DE422-4A79-4D28-80E8-152436F03FA2.jpeg

A4A8BA08-6213-4E01-8092-16FFEC568C31.jpeg
Sponsored

Alanscott_1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Wow those did not hold up well. I’ll give mine a look later today.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
If they are cheap I would just buy them and change them myself, but can’t really see how they would impact the ride and make it feel bouncier.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Woooow… I do believe this is the first time I’ve seen this as an issue on the forum so far. Congratulations? :surprised:

i’m not sure that this could be causing your issue but it’s safe to say that it is not normal. I’d at least try and get the dealer to warranty fix them if not they seem like a part that shouldn’t be hard to fix on your own.

Just like any good scientific process if you can eliminate one variable at a time you can dial-in on where your issue is stemming from. So I’d start by replacing those bushings and see if that corrects your problem

edit:

https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Jee...SHING-STABILIZER-BAR/78262660/68251384AB.html

OP
OP
ScottMc68

ScottMc68

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Medical Sales
Wow those did not hold up well. I’ll give mine a look later today.
Let me know. I did a quick search and found a pic that looks the same so I’m not sure if that is the norm or if it is actually outa wack. My buddy went right to that as not being right but he is not a Jeep specific place. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScottMc68

ScottMc68

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Medical Sales
Woooow… I do believe this is the first time I’ve seen this as an issue on the forum so far. Congratulations? :surprised:

i’m not sure that this could be causing your issue but it’s safe to say that it is not normal. I’d at least try and get the dealer to warranty fix them if not they seem like a part that shouldn’t be hard to fix on your own.

Just like any good scientific process if you can eliminate one variable at a time you can dial-in on where your issue is stemming from. So I’d start by replacing those bushings and see if that corrects your problem
Haha.., can I get a trophy or something?? Bushings are cheap enough for stock replacement. He mentioned eurothane. I know they would be stiffer, not sue=re if there are any out there and if worth the extra cost. As you say.., may not be the cause of the bounce but if they are bad, never know. Thanks

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Haha.., can I get a trophy or something?? Bushings are cheap enough for stock replacement. He mentioned eurothane. I know they would be stiffer, not sue=re if there are any out there and if worth the extra cost. As you say.., may not be the cause of the bounce but if they are bad, never know. Thanks
HERE IS YOUR AWARD!!!

Id be down to try a stiffer bushing if you find any!

Here are mine after 55,000 miles

2020 sport s

Passenger side
Jeep Gladiator Mojave sway bar bushings 0B008D07-25E8-4011-92A3-60D3549A8AD8

Drivers side
Jeep Gladiator Mojave sway bar bushings 373145D3-8231-4D21-A38B-089FCABDA722

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by bounce.

but just understand that a sway bar offers no resistance to an up and down motion if both left and right wheels are moving together.

So if the whole front end moves up and down, then its not sway bars.

The failure you are showing would most likely show up as a gentle rocking from left to right.

OP
OP
ScottMc68

ScottMc68

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Medical Sales
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by bounce.

but just understand that a sway bar offers no resistance to an up and down motion if both left and right wheels are moving together.

So if the whole front end moves up and down, then its not sway bars.

The failure you are showing would most likely show up as a gentle rocking from left to right.
Hard to explain. My buddy felt it. It didn’t ride this way the first 2k, then all of a sudden i got this bounce. Especially if its not a square on hit. You can really feel it at slow speed too, like 10-15, just feel like tires bouncing around, like the shock isn’t working. There is a kind of after bounce/shutter. Like i said, it was NOT the same when i test drove it/bought it or I wouldn’t have bought it. Something changed. I’ve lowered pressure to 30 psi and still get it. Could just be the particular tire but then again, from day one they were good till 2k. IDK, chasing everything. Anyone know if there is any way to check the pressure in the reservoirs? No shrader valve like the after market ones, just a brass piece and no idea if they can be checked.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you be more explicit on when it happens and what it feels like.

If you move the wheel left to right to left to right?

does it happen over whoops or when the the whole truck unloads the suspension then comes back down.

Does it happen if lets say the right side wheels hit a pot hole?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScottMc68

ScottMc68

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Medical Sales
I don't think what you see in those pictures is atypical.
OP- What tires and wheels do you have?
Blk Rhino Overland 20’s, Kenda Klever RT 35’s.

OP
OP
ScottMc68

ScottMc68

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Medical Sales
Can you be more explicit on when it happens and what it feels like.

If you move the wheel left to right to left to right?

does it happen over whoops or when the the whole truck unloads the suspension then comes back down.

Does it happen if lets say the right side wheels hit a pot hole?
Hard to explain but it feels like the tires are waaay over inflated (right now cold that are 30 psi) so you feel every little bump and if you hit say a transition, like when the road crews shave the road down, they make a sharp edge, if you know what I’m saying. Hit that sharp edge and there is a sort of afterbounce.

irrelevantgoals

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked at my 21 Mojave with 15000 miles on it and my bushings look about the same as yours. I doubt it's the bushings giving you troubles.