Sponsored

Sway bar disconnect and warranty

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
I have a 2020 Jeep gladiator. Almost 5 years old 32,000 miles. About 3 times in last year I have gotten sway bar disconnect warning and then the service 4wd system. I can usually make it go away by going into 4 lo and hitting sway bar button and everything works. Is this part of the powertrain warranty since I would imagine 4wd is part of the powertrain and the vehicle itself says service 4wd system. Also it appears offroad plus doesn't work when this warning is up. I live in NY so legal offroad options are near impossible so I have only really got to enjoy some of my jeep features once or twice. In any case I paid for these options and would like them to work.
Sponsored

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
I had so many problems with the sway bar disconnect on my 08 JKUR and Power Wagon, it's one of the reasons I went with the mojave.

If the warning light goes away I wouldn't worry about it too much. it's when it comes on and stays on that you'll start to notice a massive amount of body roll (mine would always fail in the disconnected position)

Steve4246

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gator green gladiator
Occupation
Retired
You might want to check the wire harness plug at the sway bar motor, mine had gotten pintched , and was the cause of those same issues that you mentioned.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
I have a 2020 Jeep gladiator. Almost 5 years old 32,000 miles. About 3 times in last year I have gotten sway bar disconnect warning and then the service 4wd system. I can usually make it go away by going into 4 lo and hitting sway bar button and everything works. Is this part of the powertrain warranty since I would imagine 4wd is part of the powertrain and the vehicle itself says service 4wd system. Also it appears offroad plus doesn't work when this warning is up. I live in NY so legal offroad options are near impossible so I have only really got to enjoy some of my jeep features once or twice. In any case I paid for these options and would like them to work.
Take it in under warranty sounds like a corrosion/salt and road grime contamination issue to me.

OP
OP
2004blackwrx

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
Thanks. I guess I will ask in April when I bring it in for the door hinges to get fixed due to the common rust issues jeeps have with them. I understand it's a suspension issue like other say but Jeep shouldnt have the truck tell me service 4wd system if your jeep is not going to include it the 4wd system.
Sponsored