Mojave Winch Plate fitment

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
I found a 'Rock Hard' Winch Plate on NorthRidge4x4 with a comment about it having a fitment problem on the drivers side on fctory Mjoave plastic bumpers. I look at the 'garage' section of this and some other Jeep Parts sites I am a member of, and they list Rubicon, but not Mojave. This takes away from my confidence that any winchplate I order for the 'Factory Plastic' bumper will have the same Fitment problem that Rock Hard WInchplate has. Does anyone have success with a winch plate (I would rather not replace the bumper) on a Mojave, plastic bumper?
Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
We reached out to Jason at Rock Hard 4x4 and he says they have not heard any fitment problems with their Plastic Bumper Winch Plate for the Mojave bumpers.

OP
OP

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
When I originally posted this, there was (and still is) a notice at this URL (as of 1/3/2021 it is still there) https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90205.htm which says (copy and pasted:)
FITMENT NOTE: We are aware of driver side mount interference with Gladiator JT Mojave Edition. Will update once resolved.
I was in touch with the company while they tested a tweak to the design. They stated the test was a success, and I could order them now. I ordered one, and had no issues installing it, or a winch to it. I am using the original plastic bumper. The only thing I'm not crazy about, which has nothing to do with the winch plate, is the winch obscures the prediction track on the forward facing camera. I may need to relocate the control box on the top of the winch. (Warn)
RockHard should probably remove that note on the web page so they don't scare off any future Mojave customers. I almost didn't buy it because of that notice. I do recommend this plate.

Fitment.png
Sponsored