Mopar cover experience and effectiveness

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I was wondering from you guys with experience how well the mopar cover keeps your jeeps dry overnight in decently heavy rain...as well as how good a job it does at keep bugs and such out being over night in Florida if let open would be full of critters....I would love to leave my roof off for extended periods of time but it would have to do a dam good job around here to prevent these problems....let me know what you guys have experienced and if it’s worth it.....yes my Jeep sleeps outside unfortunately

83A2640D-EFD2-4F9E-900B-BCDF50649DF1.png
Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I have heard good things about. I ordered from sponsor here allmoparparts this week - look up benny he will give you an even better discount.

There was a recent youtube review

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man that looks great! Looks like it should do a decent job of keeping the bugs out to

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Rain Gear cover, it’s a thicker material, and also can be used with out without the top and doors, where as the Mopar one is only for no top. For me my use off it with the soft top closed, but window and doors out, so that was important for me.

https://www.raingearcovers.com/product-page/4-door-gladiator-cab-cover
that one looks like a nice sealed tight fit...one question is if you have the doors off what you do with the mirror holes? They stay open?

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
that one looks like a nice sealed tight fit...one question is if you have the doors off what you do with the mirror holes? They stay open?
No, they have a velcro flap that closes over them so they are sealed shut.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I actually went with the Mopar over raingear because the Mopar was lighter material and believed easier to stuff behind or under seat so always have with me. Both look like good products - if I was storing my Jeep outside all the time and wanted flexibility to cover with top on I would have gone Raingear. However, I don't see me using ever with top panels on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rain gear still does fit tightly with the top off also correct?

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The rain gear still does fit tightly with the top off also correct?
As far as I know yes, but I've only used it with the soft top. They made it with adjustable straps so you can tighten it up as needed.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I actually won the Mopar cover on an Instagram giveaway...I didn't think I'd use it much but I ended up using it all the time.

I usually take my soft top completely off and store it in the bed, and if I know it's going to be nice out the next day I throw the cover on at night. It DOES a great job with few, bugs and light rain. I haven't used it if I know it's going to be steady rain, I'll just throw the soft top back on. It really doesn't take more than a couple minutes but the cover is just a toss and hook.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the rain gear is out of stock at the moment for the gladiator and that one seems to be alittle thicker and seals tighter maybe.....if there is heavy rain in the forecast I would probably put my top back on also.....I really want to leave the top off and throw the cover on when there is a few nice days in a row in the forecast....I also wanna go stay at the beach a few days and leave the top at home ....but the big issue I want it to address is the morNing dew and definitely the florida nighttime bugs .....maybe the mopar will do that just fine but the rain gear seems more heavy duty

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Well the rain gear is out of stock at the moment for the gladiator and that one seems to be alittle thicker and seals tighter maybe.....if there is heavy rain in the forecast I would probably put my top back on also.....I really want to leave the top off and throw the cover on when there is a few nice days in a row in the forecast....I also wanna go stay at the beach a few days and leave the top at home ....but the big issue I want it to address is the morNing dew and definitely the florida nighttime bugs .....maybe the mopar will do that just fine but the rain gear seems more heavy duty
I'm running into stock issues for the MOPAR cover and the raingear, I think I'm going to just order a generic truck cover. They run around half the cost, look like they will provide even more coverage/protection and my only concern is similar to yours, I want to be able to leave the top off for multiple days in a row. Pretty annoyed by the stock issues...

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I can say that it works perfectly in even the worst storms. This particular storm had high winds and hail. The only problem I had with it last year was the condensation that shows up overnight. I got around that with a small heater and a fan to circulate the air under the cover.

C6E7368F-6A84-4D70-A112-A4D0695BEBCB.jpeg

93091B55-8A1E-4555-ACC2-4362B5138DE7.jpeg

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I got my $49 Amazon full truck cover on Wednesday and it handled a storm last night ok. It will do for now, but I plan to still buy the MOPAR cover when the availability increases. I ordered from the cheapest source I could find, but the constant "it should ship in a few days" I was getting didn't sit well with me. I cancelled the order and to my pleasure, they actually refunded the purchase. They had beat Quadratec and Amazon by over $30 on the top, but their site was sketchy.

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
I love my Mopar cover. Fit is really nice and tight and it's definitely waterproof. Hasn't failed me yet, and I've kept the roof/doors off most of spring and summer so far.
Sponsored