Sponsored

Mopar lift chirping

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This is all interesting. I installed my Mopar lift last week and my Rancho adjustable track bar arrived yesterday. It will be interesting to see if there are any squeaks. The Rancho bar definitely is not as stout as Yeti or Synergy as you guys have but feels a lot heavier than stock. I'm thinking the ends will not be as big either to allow more room within the mounting brackets.
Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
For those of you with synergy front track bar a squeaking, I can almost bet you itā€™s rubbing and making contact at passenger side axle TB bracket. There are many comments about it on JL forums. Synergy is apparently revising the part and until then they suggest grinding down the mount( I personally would not do that, but you can grind the tb a bit to help) search around online or look and see how itā€™s mounted, may be that its rubbing on your oem mount. Best of luck.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
For those of you with synergy front track bar a squeaking, I can almost bet you itā€™s rubbing and making contact at passenger side axle TB bracket. There are many comments about it on JL forums. Synergy is apparently revising the part and until then they suggest grinding down the mount( I personally would not do that, but you can grind the tb a bit to help) search around online or look and see how itā€™s mounted, may be that its rubbing on your oem mount. Best of luck.
I can confirm the chirp is contact between the track bar and axle side bracket. Where they suggest grinding the bracket should not affect any strength and the amount is very little to trim. I ground The bracket down slightly but there might still be an issue depending on the movement of the bar.

Considering they know this is a design flaw they should replace all track bars with the new part design for customers that are experiencing the issue.

This pic shows where the track bar is hitting.
Jeep Gladiator Mopar lift chirping 3B9F6BD9-2C11-4774-8E63-FAD41816DC3A

This one shows the space after grinding the bracket and the flat spot on the track bar from contact with the bracket.

18B0EB8D-68A6-4F24-8F9D-74BF4F1EB5CB.jpeg

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm the chirp is contact between the track bar and axle side bracket. Where they suggest grinding the bracket should not affect any strength and the amount is very little to trim. I ground The bracket down slightly but there might still be an issue depending on the movement of the bar.

Considering they know this is a design flaw they should replace all track bars with the new part design for customers that are experiencing the issue.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar lift chirping 18B0EB8D-68A6-4F24-8F9D-74BF4F1EB5CB

This one shows the space after grinding the bracket and the flat spot on the track bar from contact with the bracket.

Thanks for this post because that is something I have going on with the Synyrgy bar. Besides elimination the friction squeak did you notice any less vibration after clearancing it? I ask because I am chasing down vibration issues at speed and this metal on metal could be a factor. Mine contacts at ride height.

OP
OP
Moe Morales

Moe Morales

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tacoma

Thank You

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Thanks for this post because that is something I have going on with the Synyrgy bar. Besides elimination the friction squeak did you notice any less vibration after clearancing it? I ask because I am chasing down vibration issues at speed and this metal on metal could be a factor. Mine contacts at ride height.
I have not noticed a vibration before or after. Synergy also sent instructions with how to clearance the axle bracket for other rubbing issues. The instructions did not address the rubbing I had. Will be working on it more as the clearance it still too tight. Below are the updated instructions, bracket modification is on page 7.

https://www.synergymfg.com/instructions/8875-01-INST-B.pdf

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I had a chirp like sound sometimes when hitting a speed-bump or pothole. Sounded sort of high pitched, almost like a whine. I had loosened all of the bolts in the entire suspension and re-tightened. Seems to have fixed it, at least for now.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I had a chirp like sound sometimes when hitting a speed-bump or pothole. Sounded sort of high pitched, almost like a whine. I had loosened all of the bolts in the entire suspension and re-tightened. Seems to have fixed it, at least for now.
Hi @ArmyJeepGuy666
If you continue to notice these concerns, we recommend bringing them to the attention of your dealer for assistance. Of course, you may always message our team privately for additional support.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Crableg85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
Ok i have a stock rubi amd mine chirps every dam bump bone stock suspension what should I look for thr cause of this its so annoying
Sponsored