DakotaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Hello,

to purchase all OEM LED’s + tazer, I’m looking at about $2k, which seems high.

I’m thinking OEM heads will be best. But would aftermarket DRL’s and fogs look good with these? If so, any recommendations?

OEM taillights seem like the only option at this point. So will wait on those.

Thanks!
Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I had OEM in my JL and they were great. My JT came with halogen so replaced them with the Quake LED headlights/fog lights. Light output is just as good as stock LED, although I prefer the look of the stock LED (but not enough to double the price for replacement).

I also put LED bulbs in the fender lights and looks fine to me. Under $600 and now have great lighting!

OP
OP

DakotaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I had OEM in my JL and they were great. My JT came with halogen so replaced them with the Quake LED headlights/fog lights. Light output is just as good as stock LED, although I prefer the look of the stock LED (but not enough to double the price for replacement).

I also put LED bulbs in the fender lights and looks fine to me. Under $600 and now have great lighting!
Awesome, thank you! $600 sounds a hell of a lot better.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I've also had great luck with the Quadratec LED headlights...on the JT, there are quite a few choices depending on which 'options' you want (halo, switchbacks,etc...) and the look desired.

I'll probably kick myself for not going with an actual 9" replacement, but since the light ouput is great, maybe I can live with it!

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng

Sponsored

OP
OP

DakotaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Are the stock LED DRL’s plug and play on a rubicon? Or is there a different harness?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Are the stock LED DRL’s plug and play on a rubicon? Or is there a different harness?
The stock LED DRL’s will just plug in, no other wiring needed. You will need to program your Jeep for the LED lights. If you are not interested in the Tazer live functions the JScan app is a much less expensive option.
Gregj

Deleted member 24880

I need to do a LED upgrade. My halogens suck. will be looking into these Amazon lights.

Sponsored

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
OP
OP

DakotaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I just put them in last night but have yet to wire the halos (going to try this morning) so far they look great but haven't had any real driving experience with them. many others have posted about it and there's a great thread on them in the Wrangler forum.

DV8 LED Headlights | Page 4 | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com
Thanks for the link, super helpful. I got mine a couple weeks ago - now waiting on Oracle fender lights and will do both at the same time. Do you think J-scan will work to change settings to DRL?

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
Thanks for the link, super helpful. I got mine a couple weeks ago - now waiting on Oracle fender lights and will do both at the same time. Do you think J-scan will work to change settings to DRL?
never used J-scan before. I purchased a taser mini...except I didn't. I apparently purchased the taser light which now I have to return.

the halos seem like they are going to be a pain for me to get working right until I get the taser mini.

moving on to the next project until I get the parts I need for this.
Sponsored