endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I never do this on a public forum but I am now officially pissed. I called MOTOBILT this morning because I wanted to buy their skidplate system for my Gladiator. Because I love their coverage and it is how a skidpate in my opinion should be designed. Not blow smoke up their a$% because I'm about to turn and industrial sized vacuum and suck it all right out and then some. I also realize they probably don't care because I am one guy but I need to get it off my chest.

I have a 2022 Gladiator Rubicon 3.6 nothing on their website says it won't work on a '22 that I could see I found that out on the Northridge site. They have had over a year to modify the design from the '20 model year and their design team has just been too busy to get to this. (Direct quote from sales). I have an idea tell the engineer working on the bobbed bed that the company will make more money covering the frame rails of currently protecting 2 model years than chopping off the frame rails to fit your bed of 3 model years of a truck with a bed that is already only 60" long.

Send me a skidplate system and I will redesign it, It won't take me a year, I won't charge you $80-$100k (engineering salary ) Thanks for absolutely f@#$%^& nothing. Proudly built in America yahoo apparently that means nothing
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Not sure what this thread is trying to accomplish but here is a solution, If you like the skid plate system so much why not purchase it anyway and modify it
(if at all) where it’s needed to fit.

Sometimes the newer model year isn’t always listed as it fits because the site hasn’t been updated for that particular part, I see this happen a lot across the internet.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Not sure what this thread is trying to accomplish but here is a solution, If you like the skid plate system so much why not purchase it anyway and modify it
(if at all) where it’s needed to fit.

Sometimes the newer model year isn’t always listed as it fits because the site hasn’t been updated for that particular part, I see this happen a lot across the internet.
What changed to make it not fit?

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all....... I'll stay quiet about this OP.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I'd say that they are managing the company the way they want to.

Your right. They probably have considered this and for some reason they aren't obligated to publish have decided to deprioritize it. And they likely don't give a rip what you think about it.

I'm sure they will get around to it as it suits their needs given their resources available.

Buy it and modify yourself if it's that important to you. Or fine something else if it's not.

But why bash a good company who is obviously busy doing their best ?

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Wow, I feel bad for fabricators these days. I’ve ordered quite a bit from Motobilt and they’ve been a pleasure to work with. Just got my wavian can holders back from powder and they are works of art, like everything else they fabricate.

If you must assign blame because you cannot instantly have a turnkey solution, maybe blame Jeep? Maybe Stellantis? Maybe the automotive industry in general for changing anything?

Motobilt is a dying breed, understandably so. Even if they sell no chopped beds a company with that kind of talent needs bad-ass projects to work on to buffer the nonsense they deal with.

Lastly, engineers have made double your estimate for over a decade now.
Sponsored