MobileHomeboy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7, 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins, 2022 Power Wagon
Hello!

I bought the taser mini and front camera set up from zautomotive. Would love a front camera however the mount doesn’t seem to jive with my grill. I know it shows to modify(cut) the “honeycomb” between the slats, but I can’t figure out how to cut it and make sure the camera fits correctly. Does anyone have a clear pic that shows what needs to be done? Or have you guys mounted anything different on the bumper, etc? Would like to use the camera I have , but would consider others( including the factory set up). As long as I can view through the the 8.4 inch stereo screen.

Thanks in advance.
David
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Hello!

I bought the taser mini and front camera set up from zautomotive. Would love a front camera however the mount doesn’t seem to jive with my grill. I know it shows to modify(cut) the “honeycomb” between the slats, but I can’t figure out how to cut it and make sure the camera fits correctly. Does anyone have a clear pic that shows what needs to be done? Or have you guys mounted anything different on the bumper, etc? Would like to use the camera I have , but would consider others( including the factory set up). As long as I can view through the the 8.4 inch stereo screen.

Thanks in advance.
David
They were supposed to release a bracket for the JT grill in the spring, but I don't think ever did. Its on my list of things to do eventually but haven't gotten around to installing mine since I was waiting on the bracket. I think Quadratech has the mopar bracket for like $10 but I haven't had an order from there yet I can throw this in with.

OP
OP
MobileHomeboy

MobileHomeboy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is what I came up with for now. Zautomotive said they will have the JT grill mount in a few months. I don t love this set up, but it works. Open to any other suggestions. I did just order the Mopar Winch Guard Bar, so it may block my view from the grill mount.

Camera.jpg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Here is what I came up with for now. Zautomotive said they will have the JT grill mount in a few months. I don t love this set up, but it works. Open to any other suggestions. I did just order the Mopar Winch Guard Bar, so it may block my view from the grill mount.

Jeep Gladiator Mount Front Camera Camera
Looks slightly odd there, but probably a great view angle there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MobileHomeboy

MobileHomeboy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks slightly odd there, but probably a great view angle there

I agree! The view is excellent, but it looks like a hack job. I thought about drilling a hole in the bumper and installing it there. I just don't know if it would be good to be offset to one side.
Please share any ideas.

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I believe you can also buy the center grill honeycomb for a JL to replace the JT’s. I am in no hurry, so I am waiting.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I agree! The view is excellent, but it looks like a hack job. I thought about drilling a hole in the bumper and installing it there. I just don't know if it would be good to be offset to one side.
Please share any ideas.
Do not put it off center. My toyota sienna has an offcenter backup camera. Thing was completely useless to me causing crooked parking until I left a hitch and 2 5/16 ball in there all the time. Needed the point of reference. Not sure if it would be as bad on the front depending on your use but something to think about.

I believe you can also buy the center grill honeycomb for a JL to replace the JT’s. I am in no hurry, so I am waiting.
That would work, but theoretically that would mess with the cooling. They specifically made it larger to increase air flow for towing.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
OP
OP
MobileHomeboy

MobileHomeboy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I have this part coming. I will rig something up for the grill and post a picture
Thats awesome. can't wait to see how it works. I still haven't had anything else I have needed from quadratch to get the order high enough for free shipping.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Does the tazer allow a front camera for the 5.0 screen?