Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
are parks really that picky if its in the front or rear? At pismo I just stuck it in the door panel and then rolled the window up on my back driver.

F&D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xj and Gladiator sports Max tow on order
Occupation
Retired
are parks really that picky if its in the front or rear? At pismo I just stuck it in the door panel and then rolled the window up on my back driver.
Oh yah at Silver Lake it has to be on the front and 10' tall or you're not getting on the sand. Now quads and such can have it on the back.

Sponsored

Just Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladitor
Occupation
Retired.
I still haven't seen anyone in this thread with a whip flag solution for Sport S Gladiator - I see using the bed rails or front steel bumper or something else as part of a larger custom project.
Anyone have other resources or stores that may have something that would work? Where do people normally buy the whips and flags themselves?
I'm interested also, don't want bed mount as have hard cover on it, don't want front mount either.

Surely someone makes one that fits into the hold on rear side of the Gladiator.

Found this and wonder if it can work from the hole in rear bumper. Still need poll and flag.

https://www.amazon.com/Tusk-Quick-Release-Flag-Holder/dp/B0155C3VYY

Last edited:

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I'm interested also, don't want bed mount as have hard cover on it, don't want front mount either.

Surely someone makes one that fits into the hold on rear side of the Gladiator.

Found this and wonder if it can work from the hole in rear bumper. Still need poll and flag.

https://www.amazon.com/Tusk-Quick-Release-Flag-Holder/dp/B0155C3VYY
I got this with a flag off Amazon- fits in the OEM Steel front bumper. I bought some washers to bring it down a little more flush to the bumper though.

tempImageTmSaLx.png

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
I picked up one of the $79 ebay receiver skid plates for the Jeep Adventure at the Badlands in Attica next month. I’m mounting my safety flag to that. Picked up a kit from Handy Flags with the quick disconnect. it’ll be in next week and I’ll drill a hole in the step of the skid plate for the QD. I’ll throw up some pics when I’m done.

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Got the hole drilled yesterday and flag setup installed. Worked pretty darn well!

5i29CWP.jpg

hvln2sO.jpg

I think it'll work great and I really like the Handy Flags setup. I'll probably wrap something around the "flag pole" in case it hits the back of the truck. Don't want to screw up the paint!

Bg7AuVw.jpg

Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
I picked up one of the $79 ebay receiver skid plates for the Jeep Adventure at the Badlands in Attica next month. I’m mounting my safety flag to that. Picked up a kit from Handy Flags with the quick disconnect. it’ll be in next week and I’ll drill a hole in the step of the skid plate for the QD. I’ll throw up some pics when I’m done.
Look me up I will be there also ,camping at the park 31st. to the 3rd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Definitely following this to see if there are added comments. I mounted my safety whip quick disconnect on my aftermarket winch bumber, was nice because it was a flat level surface. I have a 5' lighted whip to mount which also has a quick disconnect so I dont have to always leave it on but cant figure out where to mount yet. I would love to mount it somehow, in the center, right behind my rear window on the bed

20230329_165035.jpg

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link
I just used one of the existing bumper holes. The front is good as we tend not to go over the dunes backwards and the slight forward rake actually means the flag is quite straight when motoring.
Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? Screenshot 2023-03-30 075851
Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? 20221119_144851

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
As previously posted, I used the Quake LED Jeep Gladiator JT CB Antenna Bracket Kit with my Firestik and flag - worked out great. With the spring installed I was able to hold the whip down while on the highway.

Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? IMG_3043
Sponsored