Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Rubicon diesel
Occupation
IT Manager
Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? 20230409_105922

I used one of these for Easter Jeep Safari. The club likes gunners or trail leaders to run an "official " flag. I prefer to not run those on an antenna. This worked out pretty well.

TUSK Quick Release Flag Pole Holder 1/4" Pole Black https://a.co/d/4ESNj78

EAG Windshield Hinge Light Mounting Brackets Fit for 2018-2021 Wrangler JL / 2020-2021 Gladiator JT https://a.co/d/b9RG7WN

Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? 20230402_101523
Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Here's what I did, last minute quicky...used a piece of 2x2x1/4 angle iron, 1/2 inch bolt and I drilled a piece of 1/4" as a washer. Bolted it through the clevis mount...
image.jpg

Close up...
20230311_135038~3.jpg

Someday I might do something different, but it works for now. Maybe I'll add mounts to the bed rails. But there are a few places that require the flag to be mounted to the front of a vehicle, so I'll hold on to this.

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
Here's what I did, last minute quicky...used a piece of 2x2x1/4 angle iron, 1/2 inch bolt and I drilled a piece of 1/4" as a washer. Bolted it through the clevis mount...
Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? 20230311_135038~3

Close up...
Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? 20230311_135038~3

Someday I might do something different, but it works for now. Maybe I'll add mounts to the bed rails. But there are a few places that require the flag to be mounted to the front of a vehicle, so I'll hold on to this.
I love this. I've been looking for a good way to front mount a flag. I have the arcus bumper which has two clevis holes. Perfect. May I ask did it want pivot at all or anything you'd do to improve this design?

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I love this. I've been looking for a good way to front mount a flag. I have the arcus bumper which has two clevis holes. Perfect. May I ask did it want pivot at all or anything you'd do to improve this design?
I would mount the angle tight against the bumper so hopefully it couldn't pivot. To do this, you'd probably need to cut the angle 3 inches long. But I haven't had a chance to really give it a work out. I've only had the flag on for a few minutes to run around the block for proof of concept. Plans changed at the last minute and the dunes trip was canceled.

Last edited:

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Came up with this location. Drilled out the hole and painted it.
Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? 20230521_184250

Sponsored

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link
As others have, front bumper, just enlarged slightly one of the holes.
Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? 20230331_171820

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a little bit of a thread revival. However may be useful for some with dune season among us with Silver Lake having just opened again for the 2024 season. Prior to, I had the same concern in mind and watched this thread for when the time came.

However I finally hit the dunes opening weekend a few weeks back and got Silverback Offroads personal quick release they sell at the shop just outside the gate and it's amazing. It's on their website too, link below. Come in a variety of colors. Was extremely helpful.

I now just keep the base of it on all the time since I have the rubicon steel bumper which has the premade hole specifically for flag mounts. Then just attach the top portion and flag when needed.

https://silverbackoffroad.com/collections/accessories-1/products/quick-release-1

Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? IMG_2256

Jeep Gladiator Dunes Safety Flag/Whip mount points? IMG_2257
Sponsored

Last edited: