Sponsored

Move XM ANTENNA

• Thread starter Deleted member 21141
  • Start date
  • Watchers 14

Deleted member 21141

Has anyone thought of moving their xm antenna to a better place for better reception.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

On the top of the center post . Dead center . Under the roof ..I know the roof is detachable but unless i ride with the roof off 24/7 the reception is terrible

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if you have other problems - haven't heard of anyone with reception issues on these. Mine comes in fine but I rarely ever use it.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Sounds like there is something else wrong. I have had XM/Sirius in my JK and TJ...on both I installed the antenna/puck...on top the center bar...under the roll bar padding and never had any issues with reception.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My antenna is where they mounted it at the factory. I only have issues when under an overpass, or in a parking garage. I would suggest having the dealer check the antenna and cabling, and the connection at the head unit.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I just flat out don't use my XM trial. Driving past a tree generally means I lose reception.

Pure Spotify here. Sucks; I wouldn't mind seeing what XM has to offer, but with the spotty reception I have no interest in paying money for it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I just flat out don't use my XM trial. Driving past a tree generally means I lose reception.

Pure Spotify here. Sucks; I wouldn't mind seeing what XM has to offer, but with the spotty reception I have no interest in paying money for it.
Wow, I don't really use mine, I did for a few days but then grew tired of it and loaded up my thumb drive and stuck it in the console slot. I am surrounded by woods and rivers and down in a valley area - satellite radio is about all that reaches us. For TV I had to go one of the very best roof mounted antenna to get anything. Even cell service is spotty but that radio sure works where-ever I go.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Satellite radio is in the 2300 mhz range. moving you antenna will not resolve your issues. Regardless if you have a soft top or hard top there is no loss in signal from the roof. You may be a tough coverage area. This happens in deep ravines in mountains and valleys due to shadowing. If the satellite is on the other horizon its not going to work. Rarely does this happen on the east coast, however on a recent trip the Smokey Mountains i did loose reception multiple times in the mountains, especially on the tight roads near the cliffs.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I don't really use mine, I did for a few days but then grew tired of it and loaded up my thumb drive and stuck it in the console slot. I am surrounded by woods and rivers and down in a valley area - satellite radio is about all that reaches us. For TV I had to go one of the very best roof mounted antenna to get anything. Even cell service is spotty but that radio sure works where-ever I go.
I'm confused. Isn't SiriusXM "satellite radio?"

Sponsored

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I wonder if you have other problems - haven't heard of anyone with reception issues on these. Mine comes in fine but I rarely ever use it.
My reception is perfect, with the exception of tunnels and overpasses, but that’s expected.

Note: I have only used XM for the free trial period on the last few vehicles I’ve had. I pretty much listen to NFL games, which is really nice for fantasy football :). The rest of the time I’m just streaming Spotify or driving in silence, I like the way the 3.6 sounds in 1-3 gear.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confused. Isn't SiriusXM "satellite radio?"
Yes, it is satellite radio. They do use some terrestrial repeaters to fill in the gaps. The uConnect system relies on the AT&T cellular network for communication (or roaming agreements with other carriers), but is operated for FCA by SiriusXM.

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have a canopy camper that blocks the signal, was anyone successful in moving their xm antenna? Where did you move it?
Has anyone thought of moving their xm antenna to a better place for better reception.

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

No luck as of yet . I have searched the center supports with no sight of the antenna wire coming from the factory radio to the factory antenna.