First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
The JT Overland or the JLU Sahara would be a great option. Can go offroad if you like but is catered to the daily driver luxuries. The Mojave is more catered to running the sands... LOL
Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I may not be the guy to listen for advice on this šŸ˜ ......Picked up my JTR then wife didnā€™t want to be left out of the fun. She got her JL.

Sounds like you have already made your choice to buy. Really reflect on what you want to do with it From every angle. Donā€™t make the mistake of getting and wishing you had made a different step with a different model.

For my wife and I being in AZ, we had to have serious rock crawling capability out of the box. Went with Rubis.

Good luck in whatever you go with!

YWG_JT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland, 2016 E63 Wagon, 2017 740Le
Occupation
Med
I'm also a dad with 2 young ones (1 and 3), and just picked up a new 2020 Overland at a good discount. I have access to 2 other vehicles (2016 E63 wagon and 2017 7 series). My commute is 15-20min all local roads with bad potholes. To me the JT has been fantastic.

It's hard to recommend a vehicle without knowing about your driving pattern/environment, as the JT is such a polarizing vehicle (It is so fun, but also has so many compromises).

Generally, if your heart is set on a certain car, and as long you know what you are getting into, just get it, even if it does not make sense to anyone else. You will likely be in a worse position after spending lots of money, and bought the vehicle "that makes sense" but didn't really like, and always hope that you bought the JT, every time you see one on the road.

But if you are looking at some more "logical" reasons to go for a JT or not, my thoughts are:
JT is a great vehicle, for city driving with bad roads, or off-roading, but not the best on long distance freeway driving due to ride and loud wind noises.
JT doesn't drive like anything else, which makes it difficult to recommend an alternative. You either love it or hate it.
I really like the JT's size, turning circles. It's surprisingly maneuverable compared to a 1/2 ton.
Even though the outside is not very big, the interior is surprisingly roomy, even for carrying kids in car seats.
The interior is actually very nice (both material and tech) even compared to some German premium options

I hope that JT will have a more compliant ride (compared to RAM 1500 and other 1/2 ton)
I wish JT has quieter ride on the highway esp wind noise (but that's the price you pay for the look and convertible)

I happily lives with those compromises because it is fun. if I'm travelling far and looking for a magic carpet ride, I can use the 7 series, and if I'm looking for something with lots of power and handles well, I can use the E63. So if your wife has a car that is comfortable or practical, JT will be a good choice, as long as you don't drive it primarily on the freeway.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Single Dad with 4 boys. 15, 12, 8 and 8. The Gladiator is my DD. We wheel in the mountains and do fun stuff. My kids love it.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I'm also a dad with 2 young ones (1 and 3), and just picked up a new 2020 Overland at a good discount. I have access to 2 other vehicles (2016 E63 wagon and 2017 7 series). My commute is 15-20min all local roads with bad potholes. To me the JT has been fantastic.

It's hard to recommend a vehicle without knowing about your driving pattern/environment, as the JT is such a polarizing vehicle (It is so fun, but also has so many compromises).

Generally, if your heart is set on a certain car, and as long you know what you are getting into, just get it, even if it does not make sense to anyone else. You will likely be in a worse position after spending lots of money, and bought the vehicle "that makes sense" but didn't really like, and always hope that you bought the JT, every time you see one on the road.

But if you are looking at some more "logical" reasons to go for a JT or not, my thoughts are:
JT is a great vehicle, for city driving with bad roads, or off-roading, but not the best on long distance freeway driving due to ride and loud wind noises.
JT doesn't drive like anything else, which makes it difficult to recommend an alternative. You either love it or hate it.
I really like the JT's size, turning circles. It's surprisingly maneuverable compared to a 1/2 ton.
Even though the outside is not very big, the interior is surprisingly roomy, even for carrying kids in car seats.
The interior is actually very nice (both material and tech) even compared to some German premium options

I hope that JT will have a more compliant ride (compared to RAM 1500 and other 1/2 ton)
I wish JT has quieter ride on the highway esp wind noise (but that's the price you pay for the look and convertible)

I happily lives with those compromises because it is fun. if I'm travelling far and looking for a magic carpet ride, I can use the 7 series, and if I'm looking for something with lots of power and handles well, I can use the E63. So if your wife has a car that is comfortable or practical, JT will be a good choice, as long as you don't drive it primarily on the freeway.
We replaced a Honda Pilot with our Sport S Max Tow and enjoy it on long road trips.
Ours has over 15,000 miles since August 2020. There are many on this forum who have more miles than I, and one who has over 100,000 miles on his Gladiator.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/100-000-mile-gladiator-review.37221/
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/49-130-miles.28762/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/put-over-1000-miles-in-one-day-on-my-red-jt.20443/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/how-do-gladiators-handle-on-the-highway.19548/

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Road noise is the difference between a softop and hardtop. Not much road noise in a hardtop. unless you want to compare it to a Mercedes or BMW. Compared to any other midsize truck and its the same. (I know as I had a Gen 3 Tacoma)

WabiSabi

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Occupation
Financial Advisor
I have a Mojave and it is everything!! I absolutely love it. I originally purchased it for my husband, but heā€™s not allowed to drive it lol. I gave him my diesel Ram 1500 instead. I do hate on the sport models quite a bit, they are so small lol. Mine is a 2020 and it was love at first sight. I actually planned on a blue sport JT, but I have a gator Mojave instead. Sucks you are not as excited about getting one. I couldnā€™t imagine selling mine. It just makes me happy. I canā€™t keep my mileage down because I just have to drive it...everywhere. Even taking two vehicles just so I can drive my Jeep. Outside of my denim beetle itā€™s the only vehicle I felt like I cared to have...every other one was just a necessity.
Jeep Gladiator Mr. Indecisive - Part 2 8E857AD2-0EFD-452D-BD2B-6C057A18135A

Sponsored

PanhandleChuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Occupation
U.S. Marine Corps (Ret)
When a fellow Jeeper reaches out for words of encouragement tellā€™m what they want to hear!! Youā€™re making the right decision! The Jeep Gods are calling you back. Regardless of package, get the creature comforts missing from your 2020 Sport S. Solved! šŸ»šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Iā€™m not really sure what this post is about now that Iā€™m at the end, maybe I need a nudge to do it because Iā€™m talking myself out of it for no reason or maybe like a 16 year on prom night Iā€™m just not ready. Cheers!
If I had a dollar for every post I've made that ended like this (but then didn't post) I'd have like twelve or thirteen dollars by now, lol.

Just do it. I am finally ready too, just waiting on some color drops and it is painful.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
Iā€™m just not ready. Cheers!
You are ready baby.

I just told someone not to get one in another thread. You though... I worry about what will happen if you don't.

Go get it.