• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Pennsylvania MuffPot for underhood cooking

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Jeep Gladiator MuffPot for underhood cooking MuffPot

I am giving away a free MuffPot to the person that replies with the best recipe for underhood/exhaust cooking.
These are single serving underhood cooking devices. You simply strap the mounting plate to your exhaust or wherever you find sufficient heat, then clip the 'pot' to it full of food. I have heard that using oven bags inside makes clean up etc. easier. Drive then eat hot food. You will need good gloves to remove the pot as they are as hot as coming out of the oven.
The MuffPot is roughly 7"x6"x2". You can squeeze it in on the drivers side for exhaust mounting but there are other areas that get sufficient heat under the hood, especially for slow-cooking.
These are designed for snowmobiles but I thought that they would be nice on the trails this time of year.
No, I am not affiliated with MuffPot, I ordered some for gifts and got an extra one just to give away. It is the time of the year for hot food on the trails and for showing off to your buddy when you arrive at hunting camp, open the hood and take out a hot lunch.
If you go to https://themuffpot.com/ you can order direct and use Jeep10 for a 10% discount code that they just added for us.
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
This makes 4 portions, so you can share with a buddy. Its easier than measuring out portions of cans.

spray your pan with non-stick.

Get 1 box of stovetop stuffing (you'll only use 1/4 of the stuffing per muffpot), mix with hot water and butter according to box. Do not cook, set aside

1 boneless chicken breast (per muff pot), cut into bite size pieces, season with salt, pepper. In an oiled skillet, cook some minced garlic until it gets fragrant, (maybe 3 minutes), then brown the chicken. Remove with a slotted spoon into your muffpot.

Again, this part makes 4 portions: mix 1 can of cream of mushroom (or cream of chicken) with 8 oz of sour cream. Spread a quarter of this concoction over the chicken.

Sprinkle a quarter of a 4oz jar of mushrooms (optional), and cover with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir the stuffing with a fork to fluff it, and top off your muff pot with a quarter of the stuffing (its ok to smash it down with the lid.

When you are ready to cook on the trail, put the pot on and drive around for 45 min- hour, depending on placement. If your exhaust placement is extremely hot (over 450), brown the chicken more before hand and just reduce the driving time.

Aleraaler23

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RV and Ford
Occupation
web designer, writer
This makes 4 portions, so you can share with a buddy. Its easier than measuring out portions of cans.

Get 1 box of stovetop stuffing (you'll only use 1/4 of the stuffing per muffpot), mix with hot water and butter according to box. Do not cook, set aside

1 boneless chicken breast (per muff pot), cut into bite size pieces, season with salt, pepper. In an oiled skillet, cook some minced garlic until it gets fragrant, (maybe 3 minutes), then brown the chicken. Remove with a slotted spoon into your muffpot.

Again, this part makes 4 portions: mix 1 can of cream of mushroom (or cream of chicken) with 8 oz of sour cream. Spread a quarter of this concoction over the chicken.

Sprinkle a quarter of a 4oz jar of mushrooms (optional), and cover with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir the stuffing with a fork to fluff it, and top off your muff pot with a quarter of the stuffing (its ok to smash it down with the lid.

When you are ready to cook on the trail, put the pot on and drive around for 45 min- hour, depending on placement. If your exhaust placement is extremely hot (over 450), brown the chicken more before hand and just reduce the driving time.
It's a nice recipe. As I'm a grill lover I'd like to make something like it on a grill. Anyway, I have my favorite kitchen tool too. It's a professional meat slicer. As you describe special pans, i may tell a bit about my slicer. It seems like the less useful thing ever, because it is heavy and huge for an ordinary kitchen, but anyway I love it and use in every case i may need it.

Mike the mechanic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
mechanic
1 large pork tenderloin, or pork chop butterflied. Taking a thick cut pork chop and cutting a pocket in it to put the ingredients works good also.
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp dry white wine
1/2 cup red onion, minced
2 tsp rosemary (fresh), crushed
Salt & pepper

Blend together all of the ingredients (except the pork) and spread across the inside of the pork tenderloin.
Wrap in heavy foil. Cook 45 min flip over foil packet and cook another 45 min.

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
If you use small oven bags, you can pre-pack some meals and keep them in your cooler then just pot it in the pot when you are ready to cook. I helps with clean up too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Since only a couple of recipes came up, I am adding a copy of Manifold Destiny to the MuffPot. That way you are not stuck eating only franks and beans out of your Pot.
Jeep Gladiator MuffPot for underhood cooking manifoldDestiny

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't necessarily have any recipes, but I (and other guys I work with) cook almost anything on the dash, on the engine, or on the mufflers of our hydraulic power units. I work for a Railroad in PA and 90% of the time we are on track and are not able to get somewhere for food. We equate it to camping, and have to get creative to heat our food when the temps start dropping.
Good luck with the give-away, and I will definitely be checking these MuffPots out!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've forgotten a burrito, I was cooking that way before. Chicken leg quarter and wild rice with mushroom soup, cup of water, red pepper, curry some other spice's has been another good one for me nothing special but easy. I've got a "truckers lunchbox" oven 12v. It's only on or off so you have to cycle it during cooking cycle for heat control.

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Surprised at the lack of recipes. Will be deciding later today/tomorrow morning.
Thanks, everyone

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy

I am going with Deadeye. I like stuffing, that is what it boils down to. This is way more elaborate of a recipe than I would have come up with. Mine would be chicken breast with salt and pepper, 1/4 box of stovetop, heat it and eat it.
I would take his full recipe, make it up in 4 small oven bags and throw them in my cooler. Then take them out one at a time to cook.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am going with Deadeye. I like stuffing, that is what it boils down to. This is way more elaborate of a recipe than I would have come up with. Mine would be chicken breast with salt and pepper, 1/4 box of stovetop, heat it and eat it.
I would take his full recipe, make it up in 4 small oven bags and throw them in my cooler. Then take them out one at a time to cook.

So how is the Muff Pot cooking going? Since it's been a while, let's see what's cooking. 😉👍

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
I missed the original thread, but I too am interested in how the Muff Pot is working.
Sponsored