OP

Aaronf40

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Sorry guys, no updates. Truck is STILL in the shop. Pretty disappointed as I had high hopes and dreams for this truck.
Right now all I can do is wait and hope that the arbitration gives me my money back. No one has been able to fix this thing. I am hoping I don't get screwed, but worried I will. Can you say lemon.....
Sponsored

Jalmeida1991

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Sorry guys, no updates. Truck is STILL in the shop. Pretty disappointed as I had high hopes and dreams for this truck.
Right now all I can do is wait and hope that the arbitration gives me my money back. No one has been able to fix this thing. I am hoping I don't get screwed, but worried I will. Can you say lemon.....
Lemon for sure. Thereā€™s a few of us having this same general cylinder misfire problem. I started the lemon law process in Florida and they are currently doing their final repair attempt right now. They donā€™t have a clue whatā€™s wrong with it, every time they say ā€œ well maybe itā€™s this...ā€ and it keeps happening.

Icehouse

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Lemon for sure. Thereā€™s a few of us having this same general cylinder misfire problem. I started the lemon law process in Florida and they are currently doing their final repair attempt right now. They donā€™t have a clue whatā€™s wrong with it, every time they say ā€œ well maybe itā€™s this...ā€ and it keeps happening.
I just dropped my Gladiator for service with the same issues, check engine light and start/stop service light on, about 2100 miles on it. I was told cylinder misfire. They gave me a loaner and told me they will call me back. Iā€™m also in Florida, seems like a manufacturer issue that they canā€™t figure out!

Icehouse

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just dropped my Gladiator for service with the same issues, check engine light and start/stop service light on, about 2100 miles on it. I was told cylinder misfire. They gave me a loaner and told me they will call me back. Iā€™m also in Florida, seems like a manufacturer issue that they canā€™t figure out!
Update, JT is still in the shop, but the service department is communicating with FCA and running some test. Will post the service work order once complete.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Update, JT is still in the shop, but the service department is communicating with FCA and running some test. Will post the service work order once complete.
Hi Carlos,

Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you are in need of any additional assistance while working with your dealer. We're always happy to help!

Mark
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Lazarus_JT

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
has anyone had any sucsess getting this issue fixed?

Icehouse

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
has anyone had any sucsess getting this issue fixed?
No luck here, today marks 4 weeks in the shop, they replaced many parts and ran several test without a solution. Sad to say, it is going to be a Lemon.

Lazarus_JT

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
No luck here, today marks 4 weeks in the shop, they replaced many parts and ran several test without a solution. Sad to say, it is going to be a Lemon.
what all did they replace on yours?

Icehouse

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
what all did they replace on yours?
They replaced all of the intake rocker arms and both VVL solenoids on the 2-4-6 bank. Also replaced the ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) sensor. They checked the terminal tension for the coil connectors 2-4-6. Dragged test the connector terminals to insure good terminal tension. Inspected the ground connections at the rear of the cylinder head. Removed the 2-4-6 spark plugs for inspection. Inspected the cylinders with a bore scope. Completed compression and leak down tests on cylinders 2-4-6. P0304 code still pending.

How about yours?

Lazarus_JT

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
They replaced all of the intake rocker arms and both VVL solenoids on the 2-4-6 bank. Also replaced the ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) sensor. They checked the terminal tension for the coil connectors 2-4-6. Dragged test the connector terminals to insure good terminal tension. Inspected the ground connections at the rear of the cylinder head. Removed the 2-4-6 spark plugs for inspection. Inspected the cylinders with a bore scope. Completed compression and leak down tests on cylinders 2-4-6. P0304 code still pending.

How about yours?
been to the dealer 5 times now first two were po300 codes third was evap. all they did was test the motor clear the codes and tell me all is well. keep getting auto stop start unavailable on and off the whole time. last code was p105d says intake valve stuck in up possition. Been in the shop this time for two days so far no updates. i also beleave i have a bad drive shaft or axle shaft somewhere as I get an annoying vibration at low throttle imput.

Sponsored

Icehouse

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
been to the dealer 5 times now first two were po300 codes third was evap. all they did was test the motor clear the codes and tell me all is well. keep getting auto stop start unavailable on and off the whole time. last code was p105d says intake valve stuck in up possition. Been in the shop this time for two days so far no updates. i also beleave i have a bad drive shaft or axle shaft somewhere as I get an annoying vibration at low throttle imput.

There is a recall and a Stop-Sale order from the FCA regarding the driveshaft. See link below.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...ep-gladiator-truck-recall-driveshaft-problem/

Lazarus_JT

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

Lazarus_JT

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
just heard back from the dealer and they think they have fixed it. they said the intake running valve had a short. im skeptical that this will fix the issue but hopefull. I asked what this did and they said it controles the timing so it would make sense.

Lazarus_JT

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Here is the ticket. We will see if this fixes it.

20191023_180352.jpg

Icehouse

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So, I picked up my JT last week after 30 days at the service department, today the Start/Stop service light is back on!

752DB3EA-A7F3-484A-A5A5-3F2F1469E7D5.jpeg
Sponsored