Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I get mad compliments on mine too. Even from those who typically arent fond of JTs. I just think they look sleek all around.

I often catch myself making special trips to the garage, just to stare at it..

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I think there are two innate reactions at work here. First off, there is a certain expectation of what a pickup truck is all about. And it isn't a bro owner's ride, or even just a working dad, driving his truck to work at the software developer that employs him. It's a rancher hauling his cattle to market. An electrician showing up at your house to wire you new workshop. A job-site foreman checking work progress in a remote location. Somehow, I don't see Jeep successfully playing to that market in their advertising, though Ford, Chevy, etc all do. That elicits all of the negative reactions. But, contrary to that is the character and legend of Jeep over the decades. Even as small kids, we all stare at Jeeps as they pass on the street. There is an almost universal love for them, which attracts the positive, visceral reactions.

Yeah, you gotta keep an eye on them guys. ;-)
Gladiator, Jun 20, CP_171435, 12 Hours After Start.jpg
Oddly enough I am an electrician and a foreman to boot and I get guys telling me all the time I should get a real truck…. Have yet to have a need for a bigger bed and my decked system keeps my tools safe and dry. As a union electrician my shop is required to get the materials and power tools to the site soo no need to haul ladders or pipe. However if I need to I can easily carry a 8 footer and whatever else might be needed.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Jeep engineers said they left it like that for cheaper aftermarket support and the gladiator and wrangler could share the same aftermarket door options.
Yes, I'm glad the doors are the same. There aren't enough gladiators out there for the aftermarket to support us if we had unique doors (like the issue with non factory soft tops.) Most of the aftermarket support we have is because it's a Wrangler in front.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Got stopped twice today by strangers telling me they loved the truck.
"I usually dont like gladiators but I love yours!" is 99% of the comments I get.
The one comment I got was "I don't usually like 'Wrangler Trucks', but since yours is dirty, I'll give you a pass". This was on the way back from a trail, because my jeep never stays dirty.

Sponsored

Greg Biggs

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
I’ve owned a lot of cars, SUVs, and truck. I’ve been very fortunate to own a lot of good looking vehicles that get compliments. This Gladiator is up there with the most compliments, but it’s crazy how polarizing it is. I get a lot of compliments, like a surprising amount. However, I get almost as many negative. Now most of the negative are not actually to my face, I hear them talking shit. A handful of asshats feel the need to tell me how ugly it is. It’s just weird. I don’t really care, it actually entertains me.

You guys experience this? I have a most stock Sting Gray Overland. It just has 275/70/18 Revo 3s, matching front tint, and blacked out emblems. Pic for reference. I love the look of it and I’m not trying to solicit compliments.

66D9C99D-2A74-4565-861C-E55651309055.jpeg
FD3F97EC-7ED0-4135-8597-9AC5B25B0D36_1_201_a.jpeg

Greg Biggs

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
I like compliments too. I get lots of them. So far no negative comments. Lots of people ask how I can afford something like this. They can ask but thats my business. Our Gladiators are ours to love so for those who want to bash them, there are lots of other vehicles to go talk about.

Deleted member 28696

I have received some nice compliments, I'm usually wary about people approaching me out of the blue that I don't know. I haven't had anyone say anything negative about my JTR at least to my face. I usually get asked How much did it cost with all the mods etc. & honestly I couldn't tell them since it all adds up over time. I don't think I'd want to know. I usually just say too much lol.

snowbear

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Honda CRV
Occupation
GIS Analyst
The only opinions that matter to me are mine and my wife's. We both love our Gladie.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Almost all of the comments that I get are very positive.

Of course, if they weren't it wouldn't matter as I did not get it for others or for any type of peer acceptance.

At my stage in life, having been fortunate to be somewhat successful in my career and also having just retired, I frankly, could give two sh___s what anyone else thinks about what I drive, wear or my philosophies on life in general..............
Sponsored