My horrible Jeep gladiator dealership experience

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
Good posting for info and it’s so ridiculous when you go to trade your so called special vehicle 2-3 years from now. The stealership dealership then tells you damn I have so many of these Gladiators right now your trade value ain’t so great. Dealers are in business to take as much money they can to your knowledge. If your knowledgeable then they don’t get the big pay day.
Sponsored

Marine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I guess I'm lucky, the wife and I have been using the same dealership for years. Sucks to hear about the bad experiences people are having. Sales people can be complete shit tossing morons

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
In the course of my job I go into car dealerships in many different parts of the country. I would say i see about 25% of them using some type ADM. Most common being the add on accessories. Some dealers really hit it hard, others do "packages". All our never worth what they charge.

Carguy258

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hey guys,
Been in the car biz almost 20 years so I hope I can help. The bottom line is anytime a new “hot” vehicle comes out, there are people with too much money that don’t care about the price. They want the car and don’t mind spending the extra money to have it. I see Corvette ZR1’s sell for 20k over sticker. It’s crazy. As far as salesmen treating you like that, I’d fire them if they worked for me. It’s inexcusable. And just wait... dealers will be selling the gladiators under invoice in the next few months. And being in the biz as long as I have I can promise you this: there will be plenty of low mileage preowned ones available very soon. People buy Jeeps all the time and trade them in because the gas mileage sucks and they ride rough. We have them on our lots all the time.

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
This isn’t even the dealership they I’m buying from...but I’d be tempted to check them out.

AB92297E-1F32-4E72-8E2E-5E0AE8E244E7.png

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
Hey guys,
Been in the car biz almost 20 years so I hope I can help. The bottom line is anytime a new “hot” vehicle comes out, there are people with too much money that don’t care about the price. They want the car and don’t mind spending the extra money to have it. I see Corvette ZR1’s sell for 20k over sticker. It’s crazy. As far as salesmen treating you like that, I’d fire them if they worked for me. It’s inexcusable. And just wait... dealers will be selling the gladiators under invoice in the next few months. And being in the biz as long as I have I can promise you this: there will be plenty of low mileage preowned ones available very soon. People buy Jeeps all the time and trade them in because the gas mileage sucks and they ride rough. We have them on our lots all the time.
Thanks for injecting reason into the frenzy. You know what you are talking about.

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
I hate car shopping. Its always the same BS from some incompetent jack off who is looking to advantage of the consumer. This is why I never buy new cars anymore. The experience is always horrible and they always try and play the same games. I will just wait this one out and get a used one in a couple years. When car dealerships charge thousands over MSRP it puts the buyer upside down for many years. Then the car manufactures wonder why no one is buying new cars and then ask for another bailout. This is a setup for epic failure for car companies. When will they learn. I hope FCA monitors this thread to see the dissatisfaction of the consumer with crooked dealerships. They are the only ones that can fix this BS.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
I have a great relationship with my local dealer. My LE is the 3rd vehicle I have brought there. All for 1% under invoice.

They also understand that I am very knowledgeable about what I want, that I always order, and I rarely show up if I am not 80% to 100% ready to buy.

I have had many experiences with dealerships that treated me like crap. I even did some cross shopping to see if any pre specs had what I want. Some of them I might drive up and see again, when I have my truck. Just to say hi. You know, like in pretty woman. Lol.

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
HOLY CRAP, this thread has 17,000 views since FRIDAY......................that's nuts.
I'm glad it's getting attention. Maybe it's getting fcas attention as well if there watching the forums :clap:

Sponsored

john94si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
When i decide its time to buy i go to dealers who have those unrealistic second stickers for nitrogen etc and drive their cars they go to a reputable dealer to purchase that same car. Auto Nation is one of the worst here in FL for the dreaded second sticker.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
When i decide its time to buy i go to dealers who have those unrealistic second stickers for nitrogen etc and drive their cars they go to a reputable dealer to purchase that same car. Auto Nation is one of the worst here in FL for the dreaded second sticker.
Very True.....

Is there a dealership training class somewhere that teaches them how to be the biggest asshole?

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I hate me some ADM...
Not cool. I wish I could buy cars on amazon.com
Sorry dealerships :(
@ralphjjr I am surprised you don't like car shopping and want to buy it off Amazon (since you are pretty knowledgeable and from your posts seems like you make good decisions LOL). I love car shopping and the haggling experience cuz I go prepared and make sure I get the best price possible. I feel that if I bought a car at Amazon, I would be missing out on better deals. Most dealerships I have been to treated me fine, except for this one time when I was shopping for a BMW M4 coupe for my gf, the salesman thought that we couldn't afford it for some reason, when in fact we were going to pay cash for the vehicle. I went to speak to his manager and told him that he just lost a sale cuz of his ignorance :giggle:. So, you do tend to have those experiences, but I do like the process of buying cars because I believe I am a good negotiator and get the best price for me. Since, this is pure capitalism the dealers try to rip the unprepared ones so that it evens up. And if some people don't get ripped off, we won't get the best deals as the dealers need to work on the median curve - at least that's my theory ;).

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Just FYI the jeep dealership in Aberdeen MD and in Annapolis MD are both pushing for like 5k over msrp. They don't believe anyone is going under invoice. However the one in Edgewood MD said they would do tread lightly. I need to ask if they do 5% under.
Sponsored